Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has anyone ever visited Mercedes-Benz World at Brooklands?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yes I was there shortly after it opened last year. Got to drive the AMG versions, terrific place !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

Wheres Brooklands? It sounds great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

MercMad wrote:
    Yes I was there shortly after it opened last year. Got to drive the AMG versions, terrific place !!

Well if you have a handle like 'MercMad' it must be Nirvana!!

I'm not a huge fan of AMG Mercs or anything but the prospect of trying cars like that out in a closed environment for a modest fee is quite appealing.

It's a pretty amazing place what with the old Brooklands circuit being next-door (quite an 'eerie' place, especially the remaining section of track). They have one of the Concordes up there as well and you can climb into the cockpit of a Harrier Jump Jet - it's really boy-toy heavan!!

I saw the McLaren Merc factory as well, down the road in Woking. It looks more like a (very, very clean!) laboratory than a car factory... TBH I was more interested in the old F1 cars than the gaudy SLRs.

Advertisement