Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very skeptical, if its true Im not sure what to make of the rules, I'll have to have it in my hands and study it for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

I've never been an ork player, so can't comment too much on it. What's your initial thoughts? Good? Bad? A bit of each?

The site seems to be down currently.

But in a nut shell, 6 point Ork, WTF?! WS4, A2, T4, S3, 6 points?? thats insanely cheap, 4 attacks a head when they charge for 6 points is just stupid, they lost the choppa (so no more 4+max armour save), but at 6 points who cares, you can just get millions of them. The same price as a guardie, and a LOT stompier, add the new WAAGGH power (1 turn of Fleet of foot for the whole army) and you can have a collossal amount of orks in melee for very few points, initiative 2 or not, if you have 30 orks for 180 points you WILL get swamped. They also seemed to have a fair few ordnance weapons, including S7 AP3 and a S8 AP3 ones, Ill read over them again when the sites back up though and give my analysis of them, having played a fair few orks battles should spot a few things that are abusable (hopefully something more origionaly than a Kan wall aswell).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Warmaster

Yeah I'm very impressed by what I'm seeing , you can seemingly take bik meks everywhere and I don't think they'll have trouble with skimmers anymor!!!

Still looking at that list, and oh dear jebus at Lootaz, I dont know the price but it HAS to be huge, 5-15 guys all armed with autocannons (except only 36" range, and D3 shots instead of 2), then Tankbustaz ALL have rokkits now, and Burna's ALL have burna's, 3 very abusable elite choice. New bikers are also only 25pts, and with T5 and a 4+ cover save to themselves and everyone behind them. Also only 20 points for a Kannon, not too shabby for a beefed up missile launcher, but the 35 point Killakans is just silly, 9 of them is a completely solid wall for any army to hide behind. The thing that perhaps worries me the most though is Ghazkull, his new ability give the whole army a 6" fleet move, that gives storm boyz a 12" move, add a 12" assault they could be in melee in turn 1 if your lucky, or a guarenteed melee for infiltrating Kommando's, against any shooty army (Tau! or Guards) they could hold up enough of the army to let the main walls (of 6point Boyz) to get into a punch up.

Ghazkull, Kan wall, and Warbikes make it pretty much a guarenteed melee fight with Orks now, I wouldnt put much faith in any troops heavy army standing up to much against them, however as with Orks they still seem to lack anti tank, although the 20point kannon should help a bit, but at S8 it will have a hard time with 14 front armour units. New Chaos would probably still hump them though with defilers and a Lash or 2 (how many of them 30 boyz strong can you fit onto 1 pie plate? :rolleyes:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Warmaster

Aye I think people are going to be very stuck for Elites choices, they're all fantastic at what they do now! They're a better bloody gunline than guard with those new shootas!! Without the armour of course.

A couple of Warbikes give you a 4+ invulrable save, better than any guardie, another thing I noticed though is a grot is up to BS3, that makes the runty snot behind the 20 point Kannon's as accurate as a Guard or Tau! :eek:

Advertisement