Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which W/C Gear to get ??!??!

Options
  • 04-09-2007 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Right, Quad will be here tomorrow. And i know my ultra 120 is not gonna cool it enough. So i need to go watercooling..... Again..... :/

Only problem is, i cant work out which kit to get, so im going to give you all the task of finding me the best kit for my pc. I only want internal solutions, so none of them crappy ready made kits. Or rads hanging off the back/top/side of the pc. The pc has to stay as neat as it is now.

I have been thinking of using a tripple rad in the top of the case, the res in behind the drive bays or by the side of the board ( a la vadim pc's ), and the pump down really low, probably by the psu. But im stuck on what blocks to get !! I know ill be going 1/2" ID this time, as 8/10mm just dosent provide a high enough flow rate.

So i need a nice high rate pump, that has to be quiet... the best cpu block, but it has to look pimp too. Same with nb and sb blocks. And same for the 8800gtx block. There is so much choice out there i cant actually pick. Im kind of leaning towards DD kit...but.... Gah...

Help me out here will ya lads, full kit with links etc etc. And has to ship to ireland. Price.... No limit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Free cookie for the person that finds the best kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ur not gona get a "best kit".ur gona have to buy them sperate.

the best block atm is the swfitech appoge gtx.

best rads you can get are the thermochills PA.

a good pump would be the laing D5/swiftech ??? (same pump)

the Ek gtx blocks are ment to be good.to you want a full cver block or only core ?

swiftech/ek make nice chipset blocks.

why mount it ontop?? ur just gona devaule the case.

why not put it where it looks best :D

this is the best build i have seen:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146870&highlight=tj07

look at this: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=145052

this:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149265&highlight=tj07

this:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150108&page=3&highlight=tj07

here is how to mount the hdd caddy:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=150299&highlight=tj07

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

phase?

Ln2?

can i have my cookie now plx:rolleyes:

When i said kit, i dont mean a all in 1 kit. I will buy everything seperatly. But i want the best bits. And when i say rad in the top, i mean exactally how that guy has. And i plan on sticking the res's in the same place.

why not put it down boottom where there is plenty off room for it and good airflow..?????

wait for nibble he's the water boy :p

• Advertisement

awhir wrote:
    why not put it down boottom where there is plenty off room for it and good airflow..?????

wait for nibble he's the h2o boy :p

fixed :P

papu wrote:
    fixed :P

it was a joke like saying nibble is the water boy (from the movie):(

awhir wrote:
    it was a joke like saying nibble is the water boy (from the movie):(

as was the h2o statement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Haha it's kinda funny you calling me the water boy guys 'cause some people call me that, not because of wc but beacause I drink lots of water (I'm actually serious). Anyway off the top of my head:

-Thermochill PA120.3 Radiator
    -Swiftech Apogee GTX CPU block or D-tek Fuzion (toss a coin)
    -Swiftech Stealth GPU full cover or Swiftech MCW60+ramsinks (depending if you want a block that cover ram and vregs or prefer to put heatsinks on them)
    -Laing D5 Vario (no argument IMO really, unless you're tight on space then a DDC3.2 would be my choice)
    -EK Multi-Option Res -whatever size you want (looks l33t)

I wouldn't recommend doing the NB if your only doing a single loop, it just adds extra heat and reduces flow for no real gain. What I'd really recommend if you want best performance -go dual loops, you may think it's overkill but overclocked Quads and 8800's put out a lot of heat. Maybe a Swiftech MCR220 for GPU/NB and an MCR320 (or if you really want the best a PA120.3) for the quad. The disadvantage of dual looping is cost and space, it takes a good bit of room to fit 2x of nearly everything. I have seen it done very well in a TJ07 though;) .
    Back on chipset blocks, EK or Swiftech are the only way to go IMO, for looks I'd pick the EK's. Don't wc cool your SB anyway extreme waste of time just makes things messier. I'll update with links ASAP.

I dont know if i can be bothered with a dual loop tbh. All i want to do is keep this quad nice and cool. If it means only cooling the cpu and nb on a dual rad thats fine with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Anti wrote:
    I dont know if i can be bothered with a dual loop tbh. All i want to do is keep this quad nice and cool. If it means only cooling the cpu and nb on a dual rad thats fine with me.

Consider that swiftech compact WC kit thats been mentioned on here a couple of times?

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-028-SW&groupid=701&catid=57&subcat=193

Looks to be the easiest WC kit you will ever get. Like the fact it will mount the rad in a 120mm fan mount.

Has gotten a good review from CustomPC so it can't be half bad.

I know you are not looking at kits, but it does seem the least amount of hasle and it's not too expensive either and it should be able to keep a quad under 60 degress heavily overclocked.

Won't be as good as a full high end WC setup, will be better than air cooling though.

Yeah i was reading the review, but the problem with the kit is, a Tuniq Tower on low will actually cool a cpu better then that kit. Money is not a issue here. I just dont want to mod the case too much. There are 6 hdds in the pc atm, and they have to stay in the cages. I can easilly mount a double or tripple rad in the very top of the case where the 2 120mm exhaust fans are. And another dual 92 rad at the back where the intake fans are, but a dual 92mm rad is very hard to find. The res will be one of them long tubular ones, which will sit next to the mb tray, and im hoping to have the pump down by the psu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Anti wrote:
    Yeah i was reading the review, but the problem with the kit is, a Tuniq Tower on low will actually cool a cpu better then that kit. Money is not a issue here. I just dont want to mod the case too much. There are 6 hdds in the pc atm, and they have to stay in the cages. I can easilly mount a double or tripple rad in the very top of the case where the 2 120mm exhaust fans are. And another dual 92 rad at the back where the intake fans are, but a dual 92mm rad is very hard to find. The res will be one of them long tubular ones, which will sit next to the mb tray, and im hoping to have the pump down by the psu.

Well if you have the space you may as well do it right :D.

Yeah, i just dont want to bastardize this case just yet. Not sure if i want to keep it. Something about it im just not happy with.

Anti wrote:
    Yeah, i just dont want to bastardize this case just yet. Not sure if i want to keep it. Something about it im just not happy with.

:mad: :mad: so pikky.well if you dont want it you can flog it off to me ;):p

i would say you could mount a tripple rad down the bottome and put the hdd's side ways or if you look at the links i gave ya you can easly mod the hdd rack to fit on the 5 1/2" bays.

Nope, im not changing the hdd cages at all, i have 2 raptors that run very hot, and where they are is perfect. Im just gonna go with a double rad or tripple rad at the top.

ok then :cool:

Well if you only want one loop, put the Q6600 on the PA120.3 and the NB if you want too. You could put the 8800GTX in the loop too, but you won't get the the best temps. Of course a LOT depends on the fans used, so what are you thinking about? You could cool all that on a double rad if you had like 200CFM delta screamers.

Haha, I could use these ys-tech fans, their 125cfm, and amazingly quiet. I was thinking, i would use a double at the top, and in behind the spare 5 1/2 bays, stick another double, or tripple. And loop the gpu on its own, and cpu/nb on another.

But that would require me to fabricate brackets, and im far to lazy for that malarky ;) So i think a a double/tripple in the top will have to do, and only coolthe cpu/nb.

give to hopefull or unkel :D

they will make it pro !

• Advertisement

Anti wrote:
    Haha, I could use these ys-tech fans, their 125cfm, and amazingly quiet. I was thinking, i would use a double at the top, and in behind the spare 5 1/2 bays, stick another double, or tripple. And loop the gpu on its own, and cpu/nb on another.

But that would require me to fabricate brackets, and im far to lazy for that malarky ;) So i think a a double/tripple in the top will have to do, and only coolthe cpu/nb.
    Sound like a plan, did you get the quad yet? Oh and 125cfm and amazingly quiet:rolleyes: :rolleyes: .

Seriously, they are pretty quiet, for a 125cfm fan. Quad should arrive tomorrow hopefully :)

Defo go for the PA120.3 as your rad if you're single looping. That's if you can fit it, it's pretty massive.

thats why i say bottom :)

Im not ripping out the hdd cages. I still need all 6 hdds :)

get a 750 gig hdd or 2 :D

you can fit them in ur 5/12" bays :).

its the most logical way.

nope nope, i quite like them where they are to be honest. Plus, if i do fit a tripple then it will be going in the 5/12 bays. Should be fairly easy to mount really, kinda like that papu has done with his.

Anti wrote:
    nope nope, i quite like them where they are to be honest. Plus, if i do fit a tripple then it will be going in the 5/12 bays. Should be fairly easy to mount really, kinda like that papu has done with his.

brute force and ignorance tbh ;)

• Advertisement

Anti wrote:
    Err, there's no way you're going to fit a triple rad in the front of a TJ07, do the math. You say you must have HDD's down the bottom and you don't want external rads, you've got to make sacrifices, because I don't see anywhere you'll fit a triple rad inside if you exclude the bottom.

Advertisement