Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laserblast

• 04-09-2007 11:14am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all..

I just wanted to point out a new activity thats after opening up beside RunAmuck in Tramore. Its called Laserblast. Im not to sure if anyone remembers Laserworld, but its similar enough.

Went down there last night (7 or so of us) and had a great laugh. For 1hr we played, and it cost only €11. Have to say, top marks. Very enjoyable and well worth the money. Heck, I would have played longer then an hour if I could!!

Id recommend it to anyone, all ages should enjoy it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Is this one of those things where you are in a labrynth type place and you have body armour with sensors on and a gun, and you have to shoot the other team?? Its like Q-ZAR ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yup. Tis very good, highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i highly recommend it after a night out on the drink we went down about ten of us sunday two weeks ago all with hangovers and the drink was sweated out of us in there it great laugh but the place cud be bit bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Seems interesting. How big is the place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Sounds very interesting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

Stokolan wrote:
    Seems interesting. How big is the place?

I think the biggest group they take is 20

its big enough anyway but it wud be better if they used down stairs as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Do you have to go as a group or can you just wait for enough people on their own to show up? I love these kinda places , but i think I was 8 last time I was at one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I took my 12 year old and his friends out there on Saturday and they thought it was great. They've been pestering ever since to bring them out again.

As they have a half day from school on Friday I'll take them then and bribe them until then ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I went out with 7 or so bout two weeks ago and it was fantastic. Each player is given a codename (mine was Fusion :D) and on your lasers it tells you who hit you if you get shot, makes for some great revenge quests!

One piece of advice I would give is to bring as many people as possible. We paired up with a group of 9 or 10 year olds and you dont get as much fun beating kids all over the place! If you want a group by yourself I'd say either pre-book and ask specifically to be by yourself or either bring as many as possible which is what we did. Returned with 15 a week later and it was miles better than the first time, especially when you know all the tricks! Definately give it a go

• Advertisement

I went out with 7 or so bout two weeks ago and it was fantastic. Each player is given a codename (mine was Fusion :D) and on your lasers it tells you who hit you if you get shot, makes for some great revenge quests!

One piece of advice I would give is to bring as many people as possible. We paired up with a group of 9 or 10 year olds and you dont get as much fun beating kids all over the place! If you want a group by yourself I'd say either pre-book and ask specifically to be by yourself or either bring as many as possible which is what we did. Returned with 15 a week later and it was miles better than the first time, especially when you know all the tricks! Definately give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

i hate people that post twice !!! he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

i hate people that post twice !!! he he he !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sully wrote:
    Hey all..

I just wanted to point out a new activity thats after opening up beside RunAmuck in Tramore. Its called Laserblast. Im not to sure if anyone remembers Laserworld, but its similar enough.

Went down there last night (7 or so of us) and had a great laugh. For 1hr we played, and it cost only €11. Have to say, top marks. Very enjoyable and well worth the money. Heck, I would have played longer then an hour if I could!!

Id recommend it to anyone, all ages should enjoy it!
    Considering organising a final class night out with those from my secondary school. Usually we'd play poker but I'm thinking if giving this a go for the craic.

One question though, I vividly remember Laser World where they had dodgy weapons that had to be reset every 2 minutes by the floor manager and the many nooks and crannies that only someone with the frame of a 5 year old could fit through! I was wondering if this place is more adult friendly?

Although coming to think of it, I don't think you could say that anyone over 18 who goes to these places is actually an adult but moreso a big child :)

yeah its much more adult friendly, and all the nooks and crannies are a bit bigger....the only thing i found a bit annoying was that you had to keep both hands on the gun...

ec18 wrote:
    yeah its much more adult friendly, and all the nooks and crannies are a bit bigger....the only thing i found a bit annoying was that you had to keep both hands on the gun...

That, I dont understand. You get a shot if you shoot an opponents gun anyway, so I dont really see the point. But after 30 seconds on your first go you'll get used to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aye tis very adult friendly as ec18 found out for himself. Hidding away in a cubard so he was, ready to bounce.

Hell, iv sat in corners shooting everyone that came past. Or in those little rooms with Windows, but the gun can be slightly awkward to stick out. Shotting from the blue base is easier then the red base tho, just better angles.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

We are getting together a group of 20 from the where I work to head out there, but alot of the group are in our 30's and we are wondering if we would be too old for it. Some of the younger guys are telling us thats its a great laugh.

Aquos76 wrote:
    We are getting together a group of 20 from the where I work to head out there, but alot of the group are in our 30's and we are wondering if we would be too old for it. Some of the younger guys are telling us thats its a great laugh.

Never to old for a good awl laugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Would be interested to know how you get on, we are in a similiar situation in that our social group are in their 30's too

• Advertisement

Bards wrote:
    Would be interested to know how you get on, we are in a similiar situation in that our social group are in their 30's too

Well 12 of us went out there tonight, the youngest being 21 and the oldest in his mid 40's. We all thought it was brilliant. We played one game for 15 minutes and another for 30 minutes. To be honest, I felt that a group of 12 to 14 is probably enough. I think we will definitely pay a visit again in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Aquos76 wrote:
    Well 12 of us went out there tonight, the youngest being 21 and the oldest in his mid 40's. We all thought it was brilliant. We played one game for 15 minutes and another for 30 minutes. To be honest, I felt that a group of 12 to 14 is probably enough. I think we will definitely pay a visit again in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the review....sounds good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

dont forget to shoot the red X's on the walls think they give you more points or something wasnt listening when the woman was explaining the rules. and be careful of the fire escape in the corner coz you cant really see the door, some fella ran int the back of me i went flying out through it and down some steps!

some craic though. highly recommend it.

kano476 wrote:
    dont forget to shoot the red X's on the walls think they give you more points or something wasnt listening when the woman was explaining the rules. and be careful of the fire escape in the corner coz you cant really see the door, some fella ran int the back of me i went flying out through it and down some steps!

some craic though. highly recommend it.
    ye and also the opposite teams base it you shoot that you get mega points also

kano476 wrote:
    and be careful of the fire escape in the corner coz you cant really see the door, some fella ran int the back of me i went flying out through it and down some steps!

So I am not the only person that that has happened to. I nearly ended up down the stairs again.:D

A neat little trick for all ye boardies, in one of the base camps (cant remember what colour, its the one on the right when u first go in) theres an area underneath the base tower with lots of matrix pics on the walls, theres a camoflaged door leading into a small area underneath the stairs. Sneak in there, stick out your gun from time to time and your sorted.

deise59 wrote:
    A neat little trick for all ye boardies, in one of the base camps (cant remember what colour, its the one on the right when u first go in) theres an area underneath the base tower with lots of matrix pics on the walls, theres a camoflaged door leading into a small area underneath the stairs. Sneak in there and ur sorted, stick out your gun from time to time and your sorted.

Damn it now everyone knows about it....it was pretty sweet hiding in there

ye thats a neat hiding spot indeed, hey lads i highly recommend goin there the morning after a night out on the town with load of ur mates it works wonders for the hang over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Could Someone Pm Me Or Post A Contact No. For Laserblast

Urgently Needed

• Advertisement

051-338282
    Riverstown Industrial Estate
    Beside RunAMuck

Advertisement