Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on some new subjects (Repeating)

Options
  • 04-09-2007 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Well I'm repeating this year and I'm looking to change some subjects. I've always hated Irish (I ended up doing foundation) so I think I may drop it for this year. I'm thinking of taking up Economics. I like Business and I've heard that they are somewhat similar? Also, I've done French since second year but I got a D1 in pass this year. Should I do it again or is there a better alternative subject that anyone can recommend? Anyone have advice? So far this is what I want to do...have to add at least one but possibly two subjects.

English
    Maths
    Geography
    Business
    Economics

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

accounting
    pretty easy to get an A or b in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

MasterSun wrote:
    accounting
    pretty easy to get an A or b in
    maths is one of my weaker subjects, would this matter if i was to do accounting?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Not really.Im not good in maths but it didnt affect the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I did accounting for two years, was hopeless at it, i'm repeating too and i dropped it. Perhaps i'm a bit biased but i don't think accounting would be a good idea for one year.

but each to their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drunknmunky

Definately do accounting.You dont need to be good at maths.Just be able to add and sutract get percentages.As long as you practice the accounts you'll be fine.If you dont keep doing the accounts over and over you wont remember them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Micko23

What course/ area are you thinkin of doing in college. If business, you cant go wrong with adding accounting. Dont think Maths but steps and format. You are on a winner though with geography and business when repeating. I only took up business when I repeated and got an A1 in the year. To be honest most other subjects may involve more work but if you put the work in for accounting you will get a decent grade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

If you don't want another businessy subject and you're good at learning facts and definitions you could try biology? Because of the way the questions are set it's possible to get at least a high B with only knowing two thirds of the course. I was expecting a C because all my answers were really short and only the most basic information in my own words, and I got an A2!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Do ag science, easy out

Do ag science.. or business..

Both are pretty easy to get an A or B in.

Advertisement