Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letting Agents in Drogheda

Options
  • 04-09-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone have experience good or bad with local letting agents in Drogheda? I have a property to rent and having trouble securing the right tenants so thinking of handing the process over to an agent and want to ensure I get the right one! Any recommendations would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lifes_a_Witch

dubdee wrote:
    Does anyone have experience good or bad with local letting agents in Drogheda? I have a property to rent and having trouble securing the right tenants so thinking of handing the process over to an agent and want to ensure I get the right one! Any recommendations would be welcome.

As a landlord myself (in the UK), I have to say that the standard of agents here is appalling.

We returned to Ireland 13 months ago, and moved to the Drogheda area. we went to an agency called Turn key lettings - who merely introduced us to the landland and fecked off. No examination of the property before hand, no checking of utilities, nothing.

Stay away is my advice and deal with it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I agree with the above.

Graham McCann of Sherry Fitzgerald Drogheda manages a few properties as in 8-10 and would be more hands on as a result.

Of the others I cannot comment save to say Nest get a very big thumbs down from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Letting agents usually rent to whoever walks in the door, they want their cut as soon as possible and don't care who they get it from.
    I have seen some dumps that were in the hands of letting agents, places that I would class as squats but they wanted €800 a month for.
    Letting agents seem to act for landlords that don't really care what state their house is in and don't care who rents it.
    Thats just my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

A workmate has a house rented out at the moment, just outside drogheda, and he used daft.ie to advertise, so maybe try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubdad30

dont touch any of them...i have a rental property in drogheda and have had a very poor experience with one crowd in particular..wont mention names as i wouldnt even want to give they guy any advertising! you can get contracts online...and advice from your solicitor..do it yourself..saves cash and hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Zombie thread nearly 4 years old...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Welcome to boards, thanks for waking the dead.....

Advertisement