Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming Irish comics events

Options
  • 04-09-2007 11:54am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It's a bit quiet around here at the moment, but it's just dawned on me that there's quite a bit coming up in terms of the irish scene.

On the 29th of September, there's Sub Con

On the 20th of October, there's 24 Hour Comic Day, with Irish representation once again organised by Cliodhna.

On the 17th & 18th of November, there's the Dublin City Comic Con.

Now, I'm leaving the country before then so it's likely that I'll only be here to catch 24 Hour Comics Day, but the next 3 months should be a pretty good opportunity for anyone interested in comics round here to meet up with a big gang of likeminded folks and hang out, at whichever event suits them best (if not all 3).

So...who's planning on going where, and what are you looking forward to about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote:
    So...who's planning on going where, and what are you looking forward to about them?

I might pop my head into 24 hour comics day at some point...HA!

Kidding! I shall be there, slightly jet lagged, but there. What am I looking forward to at it? hmmmmm dead ginger baby jokes at 3am? Fighting the urge to kill Bob when he finishes after half an hour? More random drunks wandering into the room in the wee hours and trying to explain what we are doing?

Nice pattern of something each month, maybe should try having a comic boards drinking session/comic jam/something comic related in december heading to January and Angouleme - which I WILL make this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

ztoical wrote:
    I might pop my head into 24 hour comics day at some point...HA!

Kidding! I shall be there, slightly jet lagged, but there. What am I looking forward to at it? hmmmmm dead ginger baby jokes at 3am? Fighting the urge to kill Bob when he finishes after half an hour? More random drunks wandering into the room in the wee hours and trying to explain what we are doing?

Nice pattern of something each month, maybe should try having a comic boards drinking session/comic jam/something comic related in december heading to January and Angouleme - which I WILL make this year.

hey I still intend to go to Angoulme with you so you better go :p

I'll be at 24 hour comic day trying not to have my hand seize up at 5am! Looking forward to the same craic as last year, shooting the breeze, drawing and just seeing what everyone else is up to! And then of course there's seeing if Kyle falls asleep a second after finishing but waking up in time for breakfast :D

Will also be at the Dublin City Con as a few of the artists appearing I'm a fan of and would like to see. Carlos Pacheco probably being the main one. Should be a fun weekend and there's another table quiz planned so that should be a laugh. Shall we set up a team again this year thumb? (If you read this)

Advertisement