Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread moved

Options
  • 04-09-2007 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭

I posted a thread about the Ward Union hunt in the 'sports' forum where I have been instructed to post equestrian threads, and it was moved to shooting.

I believe it has more in common with an equestrian forum than a shooting forum and I also wanted the points of view of equestrian participants, who would have a different (not necessarily pro) point of view.

I also feel theres a lot of resistance from Amz towards equestrian topics.

This would all be solved by the creation of an equestrian forum... which has been asked for many times, with good support.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Chasing a Stag around the countryside is not a sport, it's an outdoor pursuit at best. I moved it to Shooting because they discuss hunting there, which has many, many similarities with this hunt bar the actual shotting of the stag.

fits has not been in any way helpful towards me as mod when I tried to direct him to where the Sports forum was where he could discuss his equestrian topics. Nobody deserves a forum just because of initial support, as I said earlier, many of the people who posted their support have not bothered to enter into discussions on the Sport forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

You told me yourself to post equestrian topics in 'sports'

This is an equestrian topic.

I just said that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Good lord, a thread was moved, not deleted or closed or told not to discuss, but just moved.
    I suggest you get over whatever is really behind this complaint.

Just to say fits, if you encouraged some of your friends to email me abuse about the horsey forum I don't appreciate it. It's sneaky and it's unhelpful.

• Advertisement

Amz wrote:

fits has not been in any way helpful towards me as mod when I tried to direct him to where the Sports forum was where he could discuss his equestrian topics.

How was I not helpful :confused:

God I really dont want to get into a stupid argument.

I really feel there was no justification for moving it.

Amz wrote:
    Just to say fits, if you encouraged some of your friends to email me abuse about the horsey forum I don't appreciate it. It's sneaky and it's unhelpful.

you're making thing up now...

wow, just wow!

What reason would I possibly have to make that up?

In the past while I've received four emails telling me off for my supposed "anti-equestrian" stance. The people who sent them obviously searched for ways of contacting me as they didn't do it via boards.ie.

Well it was nothing to do with me, and I am completely astonished that you think it was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

To be fair, it seems that fits was told to post all equestrian topics on the 'Sports' forum. The topic he started today (which he obviously felt to be of an equestrian nature) was moved to the shooting forum by Amz who felt that it was a 'hunting' topic and more suited to the shooting forum. The Mods there strongly disagreed and it was then bumped to the 'Outdoor pursuits' forum.

So.... fits makes another case for an equestrian forum, and to be fair seeing that at a glance the vast majority of the threads on the Sports forum relate to equestrian topics you would have to agree he has a point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Amz wrote:

I really doubt that fits would do such a thing. There are outside forces at work here so please do not tarnish us all with the same brush Amz. Where is your proof?? Allegations like that need proof. Why would we try and destroy our chances of a forum by sending you abusive emails?

Back on topic though the stag hunting in the ward union is a equestrain sport. It is not a shooting sport as they DO NOT SHOOT the stag. So whether you agree with it or not it is a horsey sport. So to say it is not a sport and then move it to a forum for shooting is misguided.

However i would say this for Amz he has provided us with som insightful help in relation to creating a forum. So for that i am grateful. The moving of the thread imo is not major but the allegations levelled at fits is terrible and you should retract them or provide proof that she was responsible.

Amz wrote:

I suggest getting an Admin involved in finding out who sent those, or perhaps Asok can help out there?

Stalking you in order to find a private e-mail address is well out of order and needs to be sorted.

I said if, I never said he did it. Fits' name was mentioned in one and I'm wondering why? He did mention that he encouraged users from other forums to join boards with the express purpose of getting a forum created here. Frankly I'm just disgusted that people would waste my time sending me emails like that.

Beruthiel wrote:
    I suggest getting an Admin involved in finding out who sent those, or perhaps Asok can help out there?

Stalking you in order to find a private e-mail address is well out of order and needs to be sorted.

I will cooperate fully with the admins. I do feel an unfounded accusation was levelled at me and I'm completely disgusted about it.

I pointed Irish members of the UK board to boards.ie, in order to support the creation of an Irish orientated equestrian board, there was nothing sinister about it.

I really cant believe this

I've moved the thread back to sports now. I really don't think its an equestrian issue though, its more to do with animal welfare Vs the rights of those who participate in the hunt. So it's not really a sporting matter.

You can go play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

This was in the Outdoor Pursuits forum, where I tried to lock it, but somebody moved it before I could do so. Its like thread dodgeball :)

Anyway, talk about it in Outdoor Pursuits if you want, at least until theres an Equestrian forum.

fits wrote:
    I do feel an unfounded accusation was levelled at me and I'm completely disgusted about it

I can't see where that happened?

Also, how come the two things happened at the same time? Your thread here and the e-mails all at once, something stinks in the state of Denmark.

You say you're not involved, fair enough, but someone's jumped on your band wagon and taken it further. No Mod should have to put up with that.

Amz wrote:
    I said if, I never said he did it. Fits' name was mentioned in one and I'm wondering why? He did mention that he encouraged users from other forums to join boards with the express purpose of getting a forum created here. Frankly I'm just disgusted that people would waste my time sending me emails like that.

Yes but by posting that comment you alluded to the fact that it was her. So back it up or retract it. And again in this post you cowered behind "Fits' name was mentioned in one and I'm wondering why?". Again SUGGESTING she had something to do with it. I would suggest that some recently formed sites might have something to do with it. But then again it is not my job to prove she didn't do it it is your job to prove she did.

Beruthiel wrote:

Also, how come the two things happened at the same time? Your thread here and the e-mails all at once, something stinks in the state of Denmark.

You say you're not involved, fair enough, but someone's jumped on your band wagon and taken it further. No Mod should have to put up with that.

But beruthiel this again is an unfounded allegation. I agree no mod should have to put up with that. Although we haven't seen the emails. But either does a regular poster deserve to get accused. And when i say accused i mean in a round about way. Just because somone jumped on the band wagon doesn't mean we are to blame:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Beruthiel wrote:

I don't think Amz said that:
    Amz wrote:
    In the past while I've received four emails telling me off for my supposed "anti-equestrian" stance. The people who sent them obviously searched for ways of contacting me as they didn't do it via boards.ie.

So unless he said he got some today, which I can't find reference to, the emails are a separate occurrence.

• Advertisement

rrpc wrote:
    I don't think Amz said that:

So unless he said he got more today, which I can't find reference to, the emails are a separate occurrence.

We just dont know its all hearsay and rumour and innuendo.

No, I received them between the time I moved the thread first and when I posted here about receiving them.

togster I'm not discussing this with you as I don't feel it has anything to do with you. I'll apologise to fits if I have connected him in the wrong to this, but the two events were unfortunately linked in my mind so I'm not sure what to think.

If I've linked fits in the wrong I apologise, but I have people looking into it so I hope to know more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yes but by posting that comment you alluded to the fact that it was her.
    It was a reasonable link to make.

We will have to wait for admin intervention in order to find out who may have been behind it. If fits can be ruled out, I'm sure Amz would be more than happy to apologise.

I disagree i dont think it was a reasonable link to make. But thats just my opinion. I just backed fitz up because we have worked hard trying to get a forum opened and i felt she needed my support. She is now thinking of leaving boards because of the allegations. I apologise to AMZ for some of my comments. I can be quiet antagonising at times. We both love the sport and somtimes that clods my better judgement.

Do some people on this thread need a definition for the word "if" ??
    Do they also need to know what context means ?
    Amz has said sorry if the wrong conclusions are being drawn here.
    Amz is dead right to be suspicious and outline the suspicions here and is right to say what has been said imho and have any inference drawn from that whatsoever.
    People can then deny the inference that they see etc etc and amz can if amz wants , apologise if there is a mistake and has indicated a desire to do so.
    The matter is under investigation.
    fits wrote:
    I really feel there was no justification for moving it.
    LoL
    Just be thankfull that you have a place to discuss it.
    Boards are facilitating you in this.
    The title of threads that are moved usually remain in the forum they originated in with a link to where they have been moved.
    It is the moderators decision.
    No harm has been done so I suggest you forget about this and concentrate on something more worthwhile to be frank.

Tristrame wrote:

LoL
    Just be thankfull that you have a place to discuss it.
    Boards are facilitating you in this.
    The title of threads that are moved usually remain in the forum they originated in with a link to where they have been moved.
    It is the moderators decision.
    No harm has been done so I suggest you forget about this and concentrate on something more worthwhile to be frank.

The thread being moved is a secondary issue now tbh. The allegations levelled against fitz are more important. And by the way i for one am glad we have somewhere to discuss these things. Boards has provided all of us with an oppurtunity to talk about things we are interested in.

What allegation.
    It's a justifiable inference that is to be clarified and already that inference has been withdrawn as being subject to clarification even with an apology.

I'd suggest a good book now if time is free.

lol im supposed to be working!!;)

I disagree but thats the beauty of the whole itraweb thing. I just hope that IF:D fits is cleared it will be posted here like the inference was.:)

Beruthiel wrote:

to me that comes just short of an allegation.

Look you've obviously made up your own mind on this, but I think I and AMZ both deserve an impartial investigation.

I'll repeat, those e-mails were absolutely nothing to do about me. I know nothing about AMZ only that he doesnt like equestrianism very much, and he doesnt know very much about me, seeing as he seems to think I'm male.

• Advertisement

lol

Advertisement