Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread moved

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

:D

Well, LADIES, we'll wait to see what the investigations turn up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Amz wrote:
    lol

Oh the ironing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

'Tis delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I take it I'm not the only female in this dispute then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cat Fight!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

fits wrote:
    I pointed Irish members of the UK board to boards.ie, in order to support the creation of an Irish orientated equestrian board, there was nothing sinister about it.
    Well, obviously if a lot of users of another website think it's a good idea, we should do so immediately. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Talliesin wrote:
    Well, obviously if a lot of users of another website think it's a good idea, we should do so immediately. :rolleyes:

Eeeh no. Fits was just tring to get a forum made. Have you??;)

Whats the story with the investigation??

Talliesin wrote:

Quite a few of them use both actually but were unaware of the thread in forums... Your comment is not really relevant to this thread anyway, which is why I didnt reply sooner

I too would like to know whats happening. I honestly believed initially that Amz was making it up to get me site-banned or something (obviously thats not the case)

fits wrote:
    Quite a few of them use both actually but were unaware of the thread in forums... Your comment is not really relevant to this thread anyway, which is why I didnt reply sooner

I too would like to know whats happening. I honestly believed initially that Amz was making it up to get me site-banned or something (obviously thats not the case)

But sure its a reasonable inference to make;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

togster wrote:
    Eeeh no. Fits was just tring to get a forum made. Have you??;)
    Yes. Successfully. Maybe my approach works better?

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    Yes. Successfully. Maybe my approach works better?

Maybe, we will have to wait and see.

Is it my imagination or is Amz no longer a mod?

And used Amz moderate adverts.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

fits wrote:
    Is it my imagination or is Amz no longer a mod?

And used Amz moderate adverts.ie?
    yep

she was demodded when we found out she was a woman.

RuggieBear wrote:
    yep

:) and the real reason is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

Not trying to be rude, but I would imagine it's none of your business fits.

Sir wrote:
    Not trying to be rude....

:D

RuggieBear wrote:
    yep

Thats sexist. What next de-modding someone because they make unfounded allegations. Honestly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She was demodded after the admins read your complaint and took it on board. We take these fight da powah threads very seriously you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

fits wrote:
    :) and the real reason is....

This tread and those emails were the straw the broke the camels back.

Personally I am sick of seeing good mods step down to the consistent abuse from posters who have some skewed idea of entitlement and think that because someone mods a forum they can heap abuse on them or that mods consider themselves to be elite.

What mods are are people who volunteer their time to try contribute to this site and make sure it is not over run by spammers, shiller and spanners.

They want the communities they are apart of here to foster and grow and what thanks do they get for it, every whiny crackpot tries to drag them down to their supposed level to make themselves feel less inferior.

To the loud mouth fight the powar smart arses,
    fúck you all,
    may you never know a good nights rest,
    a decent orgasm,
    may your good deeds be over looked,
    your errors shouted about from the hill tops
    and may you die alone and roaring.

Amz thank you for all your time and caring that you lasciviously poured on all the forums you did mod,
    for being the first sports Cat mod,
    for you contributions to the site over the years
    and for being a decent human being with compassion and standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Jesus, i was out in bulgaria a few years ago, and there was this festival. And everyone was eating these savage looking burgers. I had one and it was the god damned nicest burger i ever had. Turns out it was horse meat. Who woulda thunk it?

Do i get nasty emails now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well said Thaedydal.

/applauds.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Thaedydal wrote:
    This tread and those emails were the straw the broke the camels back.

She requested to be relieved of those forums last week, I didn't get around to it until yesterday.
    Thats sexist. What next de-modding someone because they make unfounded allegations. Honestly :D

It's so amusing to see the wheels turning around inside people's heads though. I'm sure I could actually write down most of the thought processes in real time.

ecksor wrote:
    She requested to be relieved of those forums last week, I didn't get around to it until yesterday.

Well then I was in error in that regard and thank you for correcting me.
    While I apologise for any confusion, my disgust with the hounding of mods by certain users still holds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Thaedydal wrote:
    Well then I was in error in that regard and thank you for correcting me.
    While I apologise for any confusion, my disgust with the hounding of mods by certain users still holds.

may your good deeds be over looked,
    your errors shouted about from the hill tops
    and may you die alone and roaring.

Well said Thaedydldydl. Words of wisdom indeed.

off to climb a hill swinecranium ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Well whatever about that, I'm pretty sure that argumentative unsolicited mails to a non boards.ie email didn't help the situation much.

I don't see much to backtrack on on T's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Anti wrote:
    Jesus, i was out in bulgaria a few years ago, and there was this festival. And everyone was eating these savage looking burgers. I had one and it was the god damned nicest burger i ever had. Turns out it was horse meat. Who woulda thunk it?

Do i get nasty emails now?
    I had Dutch horse sausages the other week. They really taste good. Better than pork and much meatier.
    My friends brother in-law brings them back occasionally. I think everyone should try them. They're better for you than pork too.

Thaedydal, well said.

Thaedydal wrote:
    consistent abuse from posters who have some skewed idea of entitlement and think that because someone mods a forum they can heap abuse on them or that mods consider themselves to be elite.

TBH you are the one with the skewed sense of something... No one abused AMZ either here or on the sports forums. Again wheres your proof?? We had differences of opinions and surely thats a good thing. What pissed me off was the allegations directed towards a the op. When you talk of communities... Its true there are two on boards at the moment a certain faction of mods vs a certain faction of posters and there is a fight the power mentalitiy. You need to ask yourself why?? Perhaps backing up a mod who was clearly wrong has something to do with it. and SHE WAS WRONG. The allegations are unfounded. But it hink this should be left alone now and was happy to untill you dragged up all that secondary bullsh1t above.

togster wrote:
    .. No one abused AMZ either here or on the sports forums.

In fairness, someone must have sent those emails. I'd be pretty annoyed about that if I were her. (Just like I'm pretty annoyed that everyone assumes it was to do with me). If this kind of stuff continues I'm not going to bother with this site anymore.
    None of the admins have been in touch with me, and I understand they're busy, but when ever they get around to it I have no problem in helping them out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

togster wrote:
    No one abused AMZ either here or on the sports forums.

She must have just imagined that stalker who took the time to track her down then.

Thaed wrote:
    Amz thank you for all your time and caring that you lasciviously poured on all the forums you did mod,
    for being the first sports Cat mod,
    for you contributions to the site over the years
    and for being a decent human being with compassion and standards

Well said Thaed.

Advertisement