Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread moved

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

togster wrote:
    No one abused AMZ either here or on the sports forums.
    shows how ****ing little you know.

we get constant abuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Beruthiel wrote:
    She must have just imagined that stalker who took the time to track her down then.

Beruthiel nobody is condoning what happened. You and the others have to try and understand that we had nothing to do with it. Blaming someone just because you think they have something to do with it is plain wrong. If a user accused a mod or insinuated a mod sent abusive e-mails you would have come out strongly too.

RuggieBear wrote:
    shows how ****ing little you know.

we get constant abuse

Chill out. Whats with the swearing. I didn't abuse anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

I would like anyone interested in this just to take a step back and imagine for a second that you are a regular boards.ie user... never really gotten into trouble or a warning (except for one occasion when a new user).

Imagine that you have just been accused (in a not so roundabout way) that you have sent someone abusive e-mails and that you are stalking them. How would you feel?
    In addition to this it is insinuated that you regularly gave this person abuse... and you are the cause of them quitting as a mod... 'the straw that broke the camels back'

Now, I'd like anyone to read the 'equestrian forum' thread and judge if I ever gave Amz abuse... I did disagree with her yes, mainly as there is a lack of knowledge there about equestrianism, but I never gave abuse. Neither is there abuse in any of the threads in the Sports forum. I never crossed paths with Amz before this. I quite simply dont know anything about her from boards.

I most regularly post in 'Animals and Pet Issues', and 'Motorhomes and Campervans', with a few in 'Shooting' and 'Fashion and Appearance'. I have never had a problem with any of the mods on any of these forums.

And I've no idea who is responsible for those emails. It wasnt me.

I just want to add that my problem at this moment is not with Amz. She is waiting for the outcome and has provisionally apologised. That is fair enough.

To others, just imagine for a moment that you may be judging this wrongly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

togster wrote:
    No one abused AMZ either here or on the sports forums. Again wheres your proof??
    Sorry, but where the hell are you getting that opinion from?

People have been abusing Amz for years here, in the sports forum, and now to her email.

Which is a crying shame as she was a hell of a good mod, one of the best and IMO a no-brainer for s-mod if she didn't already have such a busy watch.

At the same time I can't blame her.

When I resigned from moderating recently my reasons where that my being on boards was too sporadic to do the job well - and moderators should IMO resign if they aren't actually moderating.

But, having done so I realise now that I did also have a subconcious motive, which was also a subconcious motive for not finding myself on boards that often, which is that dealing with ****heads and scumbags gets old pretty fast - as satisfying as it can be to help the majority of boards users for whom it is just an interesting site and the positive minority for whom it is important but not something they get psychotic about. Amz has had a much higher quantity of both ****heads and scumbags than many mods, so I'm not at all surprised that it reached a threshold with the hate-mail. The fighter in me feels she should have kept going so as not to give such scum the impression of victory but then why care about the opinions of such low-lifes, especially when they will probably think they have "won" with whatever pathetic behaviour they engage in whatever the facts? Everyone that pays attention knows that Amz's legacy that of a hard job done very well.
    togster wrote:
    We had differences of opinions and surely thats a good thing.
    Actually we didn't.

Here's the thing. I think Amz was wrong in this case. Completely wrong. It should have been considered an equestrian matter which - since there is no specific forum for that - should have gone into the general sports forum where it was originally posted. It has nothing to do with shooting - not even all shooters hunt - so it definitely shouldn't have gone there. In this specific case I am 100% against the action Amz took.

Maybe I'd have had an opportunity to express that difference of opinion with Amz had not a much more serious matter taken precedence. And had to take precedence because it's hard to give a flying **** about a such an unimportant matter when crap like this is going on.
    togster wrote:
    You and the others have to try and understand that we had nothing to do with it.
    You should have thought about things more before you started making this a "Them vs. Us" matter. You-singular may have had nothing to do with it, but you-plural did, the emails didn't come out of thin air.

You-singular may be a perfectly decent and honourable person, but you-plural contains a shower of degenerate scum-bags who one can only hope will die alone and afraid and without hope of a decent burial.

If you're going to talk about Them and Us, be careful of the company you keep. You also do fits a disservice by implying he is in the same "Us" as you.

Talliesin wrote:

The fighter in me feels she should have kept going so as not to give such scum the impression of victory but then why care about the opinions of such low-lifes,

A fair post Talliesin. I just want to point out that she requested to be let go from modding before this kicked off... (according to an earlier post)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

fits wrote:
    In fairness, someone must have sent those emails. I'd be pretty annoyed about that if I were her. (Just like I'm pretty annoyed that everyone assumes it was to do with me).
    Well you mentioned that you were in contact with some people on the UK boards to support you, or something like that. Thats probably where the problem originated. I'd suggest you get back in contact with them, via email or a public posting or however you originally did it, and make it clear that this behaviour is out of bounds. If its a public board, post a link to that here. That should satisfy all parties concerned.

I would definetely see a good reason for a seperate equestrian board for things like this, by the way, even if a few loose cannons are rocking the boat. You get that anywhere, though.

Well you mentioned that you were in contact with some people on the UK boards to support you, or something like that. Thats probably where the problem originated. I'd suggest you get back in contact with them, via email or a public posting or however you originally did it, and make it clear that this behaviour is out of bounds. If its a public board, post a link to that here. That should satisfy all parties concerned.

To be honest, I really doubt it... I've been on that board a long time and there is a lot less sh1t going on on it than on here. I know the people I pointed this direction quite well (in an online way), and have met a couple.
    No... I think its coming from here and I have a couple of suspicions in my mind. I would be interested to read those emails whenever I've been cleared of this.

Talliesin wrote:

You-singular may be a perfectly decent and honourable person, but you-plural contains a shower of degenerate scum-bags who one can only hope will die alone and afraid and without hope of a decent burial.

If you're going to talk about Them and Us, be careful of the company you keep. You also do fits a disservice by implying he is in the same "Us" as you.

A slightl confusing post tbh tallesin. I don't mean it in a derrogatory way. Look i think everyone is a little hot under the collar at the moment. At the start of this post you praise Amz for the work she has done. Fair enough. I wish her well. Then you disagree with what she originally did. Fair enough. Then you start to talk about "them vs us". That it doesn't exsist and then you start to further perpetuate that idea by saying that someone emailed abusive emails and that even though i didn't do it, that "we did it".
    ????????+

I dont think Amz should have left either. Find a post where "we" abused her. When i say we i mean the people looking for an equstrian forum. NO-ONE else. Because i am not a scumbag or a degenerate and you too are quite loose with your remarks. I hope we can leave all this mess behind us now.

• Advertisement

fits wrote:
    To be honest, I really doubt it... I've been on that board a long time and there is a lot less sh1t going on on it than on here. I know the people I pointed this direction quite well (in an online way), and have met a couple.
    No... I think its coming from here and I have a couple of suspicions in my mind. I would be interested to read those emails whenever I've been cleared of this.
    Well its extremely unusual for disputes to be taken "outside" boards, and it takes a good deal of sleuthing to find out an email address for a member, if its available at all. Its also a lot more serious than the usual in-game duelling that goes on around here, bordering on criminal intimidation.

According to Amz, she did receive those emails, I'm inclined to believe her. Why would she lie? Assuming that to be the fact, those emails were sent around the same time as this dispute, and sent in support of you, presumably after you contacted others with the situation. That leaves very little room for maneuvering, I'm afraid.

Unless, of course, there is some subtext you aren't mentioning? Have you and Amz crossed paths before? Is there someone else involved in this ("a couple of suspicions"?) Theres no point taking it to feedback unless you are giving the whole story.

However you are correct, a look at those emails would prove illuminating.

I would still stick with my suggestion, go back to those people you originally contacted and make it clear that abuse is only making the situation worse, if anyone has taken it upon themselves to champion your cause. Post a link to it here, and everybody will be more or less satisfied. Its not your fault, you didn't make anyone do anything.

Well its extremely unusual for disputes to be taken "outside" boards, and it takes a good deal of sleuthing to find out an email address for a member, if its available at all. Its also a lot more serious than the usual in-game duelling that goes on around here, bordering on criminal intimidation.
    I agree. It must have been some sleuthing...
    According to Amz, she did receive those emails, I'm inclined to believe her. Why would she lie? Assuming that to be the fact, those emails were sent around the same time as this dispute, and sent in support of you, presumably after you contacted others with the situation. That leaves very little room for maneuvering, I'm afraid.
    I believe her. I dont think she'd have any reason to lie either. The reason I said I'd like to read those emails is so I could judge the wording of them and try to ascertain whether they were written by someone who knows something about horses, or just someone who is trying to get me into trouble.

Unless, of course, there is some subtext you aren't mentioning? Have you and Amz crossed paths before? Is there someone else involved in this ("a couple of suspicions"?) Theres no point taking it to feedback unless you are giving the whole story.
    I'm not going to voice those suspicions in case anyone else who is innocent is accused in the wrong. I'll have no problem sending them by pm to the admins.

However you are correct, a look at those emails would prove illuminating.

I would still stick with my suggestion, go back to those people you originally contacted and make it clear that abuse is only making the situation worse, if anyone has taken it upon themselves to champion your cause. Post a link to it here, and everybody will be more or less satisfied. Its not your fault, you didn't make anyone do anything.

I contacted 6 people by pm on the other forum, 2 of whom are already regular users of boards, and another 1 whom I've met in person. Of the other 3, I'd be in regular contact with one, and she certainly didnt do this either. I dont want to name them here, as I will protect their privacy... again I will reveal their identities to an admin. I wont post a thread on the other forum either as they will delete it immediately. They dont facilitate outside disputes at all.

I will contact the original six again, but like I said, I really dont believe the emails came from any of them.

fits wrote:
    I agree. It must have been some sleuthing...
    And by someone who knew a thing or two about the internet as well, if that helps round it down. This isn't random flaming here.
    fits wrote:
    I believe her. I dont think she'd have any reason to lie either. The reason I said I'd like to read those emails is so I could judge the wording of them and try to ascertain whether they were written by someone who knows something about horses, or just someone who is trying to get me into trouble.
    I'd say thats a reasonable request. Its up to Amz to provide or not, however, so thats up in the air for now, and not something we can factor in unless she provides them, so we have to proceed in their absence.
    fits wrote:
    I'm not going to voice those suspicions in case anyone else who is innocent is accused in the wrong. I'll have no problem sending them by pm to the admins.
    It sounds like you have a few people in mind then! Heres the question though: were they aware of this problem with the topic being moved at that time, and would they go to the great lengths you describe in order to get you in trouble? I have difficulty imagining even one person doing that, never mind a group, unless they cared about you personally. This sort of behaviour exactly fits the kind of person that thought they were protecting you somehow.

PM an admin anyway, don't wait for them to contact you.
    fits wrote:
    I contacted 6 people by pm on the other forum, 2 of whom are already regular users of boards, and another 1 whom I've met in person. Of the other 3, I'd be in regular contact with one, and she certainly didnt do this either.
    Odds are very high that it was one of those six, or someone one of them spoke to.
    fits wrote:
    I dont want to name them here, as I will protect their privacy... again I will reveal their identities to an admin. I wont post a thread on the other forum either as they will delete it immediately. They dont facilitate outside disputes at all.
    Again, do contact an admin, this is fairly serious. Can you give us the name of the forum at least, I feel the admins of that forum might like to be made aware of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think it would be great if Amz did pass on the emails to fits so that she can do some sleuthing. I would also like a copy of the emails preferrably with the full headers that show the senders IP address so that I can do some sleuthing of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

This is all just so childish...
    I am one of the people fits contacted. I am a member of boards but as there is never any equestrian forum here I post on a UK site (as do many others from Ireland). Fits and I met on the UK website, discovered we are both members of boards (I mostly post in after hours & fashion and appearance) and felt it was a bit pity to have to post on a UK site when we could have an equestrian forum on boards.

And no, before anyone asks I did not email any mod about this at any time

Is this the normal procedure on boards when someone wants to set up a forum? An equestrian forum was suggested, there was lots of support - why was the forum not created? (I am stunned by the hostility of some people who had no interest in horses but posted in reponse for no apparaent reason trying to cause friction ). It is clear that there are threads started such as the one about the ward union hunt that do not fit into any current firum or topic.

Do the mods on boards have something against equestrianism? I find this all very strange. There are sections for sports such as archery and scuba diving and frisbee(?!) yet none for horse riding which is a hell of a lot more prevalent. Is there any particular logical reason why this forum has not been set up? Give it a trial period, if its not working or not popular enough after that trial period close it down

This is all just so childish...
    Well it was childish until someone crossed the line. I agree that there should be a horsey forum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Well it was childish until someone crossed the line. I agree that there should be a horsey forum though.

Wow somewhere to talk about my litle pony and barbie and sindy and who had the best riding outfits....

Thaedydal wrote:
    who had the best riding outfits
    Isn't there already a forum for that? :p

lol!

Thaedydal wrote:
    Wow somewhere to talk about my litle pony and barbie and sindy and who had the best riding outfits....

Barbi and sindy have nothing to do with my little pony or equestrianism.:rolleyes: If we had a forum we could have informed you of the fact:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I am stunned by the hostility of some people who had no interest in horses but posted in reponse for no apparaent reason trying to cause friction ).

Well one of the users in question is now on my ignore list and is not going to get the time of day from me anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

An equestrian forum is obviously a good idea and is therefore likely to happen. Its not that any of the higher-ups on boards have anything against equestrianism, its likely that none of the admins have gotten around to viewing the request and setting it up yet.

cornbb wrote:
    An equestrian forum is obviously a good idea and is therefore likely to happen. Its not that any of the higher-ups on boards have anything against equestrianism, its likely that none of the admins have gotten around to viewing the request and setting it up yet.

I agree... I think its only a matter of time really and I know the admins are busy dealing with absolute bullsh1t like this...
    Its just so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Thaedydal wrote:

Cindy with a C Thaedydal, Cindy with a C ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I think you'll find her doll sinned with an S.

I pm'ed Regi and DeVore about this earlier and also Gordon with a little less information than the former two.
    I'm not sure if they were the right people or who is dealing with this, since Ecksor already posted on the thread (I've only noticed).
    Anyway if whoever is dealing with this could indicate that they are, or those with the information could pass it on to the relevant person, that would be diddly... :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

'Lasciviously' is so the wrong word to use in the context of Amz's moderating.

Just thought that needed clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 greeneyes13

Man alive! that thread took some reading

I am also one of the individuals that fits contacted on the UK equestrian forum as I am also Irish.

I got a very brief civilised PM encouraging me to support BOards.ie and the equestrian forum she was trying to establish in particular. I joined and posted responses to a few threads but to be honest ive been pretty busy and its quite hard to navigate throught the sports threads to find the equestrian topics so i reverted back to the UK board. it would def be nice to have an equestrian forum so that the teenage boys on board.ie would stop getting overexcited when we post "whoes going riding this weekend..."

I have known fits (in an online capacity) for over a year and never EVER in any of her threads has she been/ or encouraged abusive behaviour. One of the reasons i wouldve intially made contact with her by PM'ing was that she was always logical/rational and easy going and thus less likely to be s stalker/oddball!!:)

i would imagine it is a hard old job being a mod but i have no doubt that none of the abusive e mails came from fits or that she incited anyone to send them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

togster wrote:
    Barbi and sindy have nothing to do with my little pony or equestrianism.:rolleyes: If we had a forum we could have informed you of the fact:rolleyes:

IT was like a joke......

syn319.jpg

sindoll100.jpg

http://www.sindy.com/

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/b/barbiehorseadventures/default.htm

36%5C1365053.jpg

• Advertisement

Hilarious:rolleyes:

Advertisement