Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread moved

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

Any movement on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

PM whoever's mod now.

Oh, you mean the emails.

I think they've just been forgot; "hate mail, meh".

Talliesin wrote:
    Oh, you mean the emails.

I think they've just been forgot; "hate mail, meh".

I havent forgotten about it.

If theres nothing linking me with those emails (which there isnt) then I want that to be explicitly stated.

There's nothing linking you.

There. Happy.

Let's all go pick flowers.

• Advertisement

Talliesin wrote:
    There. Happy.

No I'm not.

I was practically accused of stalking a mod and sending abusive emails, and now suddenly its 'been forgotten about'. The mod in question hasnt appeared here since, and tbh now I'm beginning to doubt if those emails ever existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Dear fits,

I have a life, I don't care enough about you or your feelings to harass the people who are looking into this for me as a favour taking time out of their lives and their work time to do it.

When I know something I will let you know as has already been said. This is not a priority for me or for anyone else.

I can't make it clearer than that.

amz is no longer a mod and I can assure you fits that from what I know about it,those emails did exist.

What are you looking for movement on anyway specefically?
    This thread would be long forgotten about and your association with it ,if you stopped bumping it.

The email thing was sent for further investigation as far as I'm aware.

Amz wrote:

I have a life, I don't care enough about you or your feelings to harass the people who are looking into this for me as a favour taking time out of their lives and their work time to do it.

Well thats the first I've heard that anyone is looking into it. Thanks for letting me know. I dont expect you to harass anyone, I don't expect you to care about me, but it would be nice to be kept informed since I am as innocent in this as you are.
    Amz wrote:
    When I know something I will let you know as has already been said. This is not a priority for me or for anyone else.

Fair enough. I just wanted to know that it hadnt been 'forgotten about' I dont think theres anything wrong with that.

Tristrame wrote:
    This thread would be long forgotten about and your association with it ,if you stopped bumping it.

I dont want it to be forgotten about. I want to find out what happened as much as anyone else.

anyway, seemingly it is being looked into so I'm happy enough for the moment.

• Advertisement

fits wrote:
    I was practically accused of stalking a mod and sending abusive emails,
    And I practically exonerated you.
    fits wrote:
    and now suddenly its 'been forgotten about'.
    Hopefully. Hate mail is best forgotten
    fits wrote:
    The mod in question hasnt appeared here since
    No such moderator any more, and in any case, why should she appear?

This forum has two purposes:

Official purpose: Ideas about how the site is run.

Unofficial purpose: Making fun of people who whine about moderator actions.

Maybe she doesn't wish to do either.
    fits wrote:
    and tbh now I'm beginning to doubt if those emails ever existed.
    I'd say that theory is highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

much as I like and respect amz, I think fits is getting a hard time here. If I was falsely accused of something, I'd make a stink about it until my name was cleared. I don't really care about the forum issue, but obviously I don't condone any form of abuse or intimidation, so I can understand how someone would not like to be linked with allegations of that. just my 2c, sorry for your troubles amz.

tbh wrote:
    much as I like and respect amz, I think fits is getting a hard time here. If I was falsely accused of something, I'd make a stink about it until my name was cleared. I don't really care about the forum issue, but obviously I don't condone any form of abuse or intimidation, so I can understand how someone would not like to be linked with allegations of that. just my 2c, sorry for your troubles amz.

Thanks :) I didnt think anyone was getting where I was coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Amz wrote:
    Dear fits,

To be fair Amz you had plenty of time to make wild accusations and to tallesin and tristame i don't know what your problem is. If a mod had been accused of sending abusive emails by a regular user you too would want some closure. So instead of baiting the op which you have done from the start maybe you could be a little mature and keep your comments civi.;)

Advertisement