Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crashed car repairs

Options
  • 04-09-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭

On the way to Electric Picnic on Friday somebody crashed into the back of my 97 Fiat Punto which made my car crash into somebody else. Luckily nobody was hurt and all the insurance details were sorted out etc but now I have to find a garage that will fix my car. I havnt had to get crash repairs done on my car before so dont know where to go really. I am living in Dublin 15 but work in the city centre so anywhere in those two areas or between those areas would be good as I could leave the car in on the way to work.

The car is driveable and all the lights etc are working. The boot of the car looks ok and it closes but wont lock. The bonnet is damaged on one side. You can see into the engine. Anybody any good recomendations for garages?? I dont have a clue how much the repairs will cost. I dont even know if the cost will be more than the car is worth(1800 Euro).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,769 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The cost shouldn't worry you, just claim off the person that hit you and you should be sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

gazzer wrote:
    On the way to Electric Picnic on Friday somebody crashed into the back of my 97 Fiat Punto which made my car crash into somebody else. Luckily nobody was hurt and all the insurance details were sorted out etc but now I have to find a garage that will fix my car. I havnt had to get crash repairs done on my car before so dont know where to go really. I am living in Dublin 15 but work in the city centre so anywhere in those two areas or between those areas would be good as I could leave the car in on the way to work.

The car is driveable and all the lights etc are working. The boot of the car looks ok and it closes but wont lock. The bonnet is damaged on one side. You can see into the engine. Anybody any good recomendations for garages?? I dont have a clue how much the repairs will cost. I dont even know if the cost will be more than the car is worth(1800 Euro).

Thanks in advance

I'd say get a quote and hand it up to the Insurance company your claiming off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

gazzer wrote:

Thanks in advance
    if the repair is worth more than the car they may just B.e.r it and you will get the value of the car back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

Call into Soraghans Bodyshop in Ashtown Ind Est. There in the industrial estate beside DG Opel on the Navan Road. But sounds like your car will not be worth fixing. 3rd Party insurance will only agree to pay the book value.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd just leave it all to the insurance company. The person you hit will sue you and then you'll have to sue the person who hit you for your and the other cars damage.

I'd say the insurance company will write your car off, but just take the cash and get it fixed up yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

He's not at fault, someone ran into the back of him which ran him into another car.

Person behind him is at fault.

Ring your insurance company and get them to sort it out.

Advertisement