Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball on the N7???

Options
  • 04-09-2007 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Y'no the one at Naas, what the hell is it? I've heard its a time capsule full of stuff from local school kids!?

Maybe its just "art"?

Does anybody know what it is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I never really thought much about it but now that you mention it I'd like to know what it's all about too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It is art - it's called Perpetual motion. If I recall correctly, yes it does have a time capsule.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

I heard it was a time capsule. A whole load of stuff was put into it when it was built and its going to be opened in a few hundred years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

pd101 wrote:
    I heard it was a time capsule. A whole load of stuff was put into it when it was built and its going to be opened in a few hundred years.

Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

It is a handy landmark when you are giving directions.

"Turn left when you see the Big Black Ball"

"Big Ball, what do you mean?"

"Don't worry, you'll know it when you see it"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/rayoflight/1036713.html

Skip to 1:25 in the recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

It may be art, but its not very "nice" art.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Varkov wrote:
    It may be art, but its not very "nice" art.

It was nice when it was put up originally, but its pretty filthy now. It could do with a good cleaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cacheen

I like it just the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

Apparently it leaked soon after it was built and was the stuff in the time capsule was damaged !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cacheen

I hadn't heard that. I pesume that it was put there in 1987ish when the bypass was built. I wan't paying much attention to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

it's an awful pity they didn't make better use of it for the Ryder Cup, would have made some really cool promo shots for TV etc, another example of government poor decisions and ineptitude:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

It does feature on the guiness ad where the guy swims across the ocean the his brother in america though! I think its really cool that it was made as a time capsule,Im from Naas though so im just biased :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

crashed alien spacecraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭enner43

mox54 wrote: »
    it's an awful pity they didn't make better use of it for the Ryder Cup, would have made some really cool promo shots for TV etc, another example of government poor decisions and ineptitude:o

Yeah I think they really should have done something with it. There was talk of changing it to a golf ball for the ryder cup which would have been pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

enner43 wrote: »
    Yeah I think they really should have done something with it. There was talk of changing it to a golf ball for the ryder cup which would have been pretty cool.

An insurance company (allianz ?) wanted to turn it into a golf ball with their logo on it. The National roads authority would not allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Its kind of reminiscent of what the red cow roundabout looks like right now

Advertisement