Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan food in galway

Options
  • 04-09-2007 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Any reccomendations? Have some vegans visiting and i'ven't the first clue where to take them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try Govindas stall in the Market on a Saturday monrning/Lunchtime. Thats about all I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

VERY tricky to find vegan food in galway ... apart from the Market stall ... stock up on saturday ... and have a meal at home ? :)

does the place on Newcastle road just opposite AIB .. do vegan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ard Bia on Shop street, maybe.
    Food for Thought on Abbeygate

Ask in Evergreen Health Food Shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Bex81

forbairt wrote:
    VERY tricky to find vegan food in galway ... apart from the Market stall ... stock up on saturday ... and have a meal at home ? :)

does the place on Newcastle road just opposite AIB .. do vegan ?

It used be An Gabhair Orga about 3 years ago when I was in college there. I think I remember drivin past it a few months ago and noticing it had changed hands or closed down or something. If its still there, deffo bring them there, the foods great, it v reasonable and it works out even cheaper cos it was BYOB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Bex81 wrote:
    It used be An Gabhair Orga about 3 years ago when I was in college there. I think I remember drivin past it a few months ago and noticing it had changed hands or closed down or something. If its still there, deffo bring them there, the foods great, it v reasonable and it works out even cheaper cos it was BYOB

Its the Spud house now .. and I've eaten there twice ... and quite enjoyed my meals both times ... don't remember if they were vegan choices though ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vegan burrito in La Salza, market stalls on saturday, evergreen health shops, vegan fake meet. Make sure it is vegan and not vegetarian. Vegan mince in dunnes. Healthwise health shop. What do they want?
    Frys fake meet is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭sensitive_soul

Have a nuice bleu steak with the blood pouring out, and scrambled egg on the side :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Vegan food in Galway - good luck. Buckfast is vegan isn't it?

'cptr

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A lot of drinks are. :S

Not that hard to find the food if you know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Not that hard to find the food if you know where to look.
    Especially if you are looking into a bag of rice and you have a carrot in one hand and a broccoli in the other...

Vegans? Rubber shoes, pale skin and cabbage-smelling farts. Who needs it?

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm pretty sure Govinda's not all vegan. The cottage cheese in the paneers springs to mind.

And Food for Thought def isn't vegan. unless you just get a beetroot salad or something.

Jut asjk the govindas guy, he will tell you all about the food, all the ingrediants are also on the stall in a list.
    Food for thought is pretty crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

scientific fact meat made our very distant ancestors more intellegent, extra gooodies in meat.. vegans are going against our very nature to devour prey.
    good vegan eating places are any hedge with berries, which will be by definition be
    organic and un-processed and we are not exploiting any third world countries by importing them and as a consequence the carbon foot print is also low.

... and no that's not meat eating hostility its Logic.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

altered121 wrote:
    scientific fact meat made our very distant ancestors more intellegent, extra gooodies in meat.. vegans are going against our very nature to devour prey.
    good vegan eating places are any hedge with berries, which will be by definition be
    organic and un-processed and we are not exploiting any third world countries by importing them and as a consequence the carbon foot print is also low.

... and no that's not meat eating hostility its Logic.:D

Not much relevance to this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭altered121

Highly revevant read>> HEDGE.. anyplace recommended will get some knock for having some part of the menu that is not "strictly" vegan..
    so HEDGE is highly relevant. Thanks for your relevent imput anyway ( no offence)

altered121 wrote:
    I'm far too intelligent to follow our basic 'nature'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

defo Ard Bia on quay st

Advertisement