Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wire obelisk question

Options
  • 04-09-2007 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

im thinking of installing 2 obelisks in 2 small beds in my front garden. the soils not that deep in the area im thinking of fitting them. the idea is to create sort of pillars into the main area of the front garden. can anyone suggest what to plant that would be managable and would keep some colour and foliage during the autumn months. honeysuckle was recomended to me , would this be a good choice. the area wouldnt be very sheltered and the obelisks would be 6ft tall approx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

im thinking of installing 2 obelisks in 2 small beds in my front garden. the soils not that deep in the area im thinking of fitting them. the idea is to create sort of pillars into the main area of the front garden. can anyone suggest what to plant that would be managable and would keep some colour and foliage during the autumn months. honeysuckle was recomended to me , would this be a good choice. the area wouldnt be very sheltered and the obelisks would be 6ft tall approx.

For Spring/Summer Colour: Clematis Armandii (Apple blossom) or Summerflowering Jasmine

For Winter: Winter flowering jasmine.

Advertisement