Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GreenJoker €300+€30 Drogheda Poker Club Sat 8th Sept

• 04-09-2007 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

The €300+€30 game is on this Saturday in Drogheda Poker Club. Registration opens at 6pm and the tournament will start at 7pm.

As usual - dealer dealt and food included.

8000 starting chips with 40 minute clock.

25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    100/200+25
    150/300+25
    200/400+50
    300/600+50
    400/800+75
    500/1000+100
    600/1200+100
    800/1600+200
    1000/2000+200
    1200/2400+300
    1500/3000+300
    2000/4000+400
    3000/6000+500
    4000/8000+1000
    5000/10000+1000

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I might head down for this. Who else is playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I cant, i'm in work..just like i seem to be every saturday this is on :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

May attempt a spin up if I win next few days pending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

NickyOD wrote:
    I might head down for this. Who else is playing?[/QUOTE]

Ireland V Slovakia @ 7:30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Blip wrote:
    Ireland V Slovakia @ 7:30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Match will be on screens in club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

I should be up Mike. See you then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Jayminator wrote:
    I should be up Mike. See you then

Just saw you on da telly! WSOP main event EP 5 part 1 on Pokertube. Don't blink though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

are there any restrictions on entries ?

like, can anyone just turn up and get in ?

can i have directions to the club please ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

yeah clamper as far as i know there will be no problem just turning up... I'm heading myself ... say hello...

not sure of address but it's down a side street beside the church.... give me a call on 085 7546068 when your there and i'll direct you if necessary.

Bachelors lane is the address

• Advertisement

Meant to be in work til 9 tonight but the urge to go to this is too strong! Be there at 7 or thereabouts.

Step aside..easy money coming through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭HeeHawsCantona

Mike - you will have to check the result of the 9pm at Yarmouth for me - the cash is down tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Just back in from this.. well run as usual with nearly 40 runners.. When I walked in all I could see were sharks everywhere... everyone there were good players as far as I could see...

Anyway never got above my starting stack.. Only 2 hands I got all night was KK back to back ...took blinds with the first one and got 4 way action with the other. As happens when you've got KK an A finds its way onto the flop and I'm wondering which of the other 3 might have one and managed to get to a cheap showdown due to flushey boards... yeah they all had A's lol

anyway push blind with my last 10bbs to a button raise from my BB to find myself against KK with my K2...

Edited to say I'd travel again for the cash game alone :)

I should have stayed in work. Completely card dead and just couldnt get anything going for me.

Despite the cash game being ridiculously soft, u still need you AJ to hold up against 82 on a JJx flop and AK to hold up against 74 on an AQ10 board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

same result as last night gone well before final table but 20% of Pat Storan saves the day, man on fire 4the macau thursday 3 way chop Dukes friday and two way chop with Mick Muldoon in this tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

nicnicnic wrote:
    and two way chop with Mick Muldoon in this tonight

He is not on a bad run either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

Turned up paid money went to my table of death.
    Joe O'Neill on my left, Jayminator beside him, quiet rock of gibralter beside him, Nicky Power next, Wes (Bottomfeeder), Sideshow Bob, and 2 northern players (shiver shiver Shiver).

Overplayed my pocket jack's on a 9 high flop when i got some heat from Sideshow Bob...... He had flopped a set of 9's......

Don't usually stay around for a cash game, but thank god I did. + €1,200 in cash game meant that I turned a great profit (was actually up some more money), folded top pair top kicker against Niall the Poet Murphy, when he checked raised to 200.... think that was wrong.

Did flop Quad Aces, Nut straights etc, etc.,

Good night, well worth the petrol fare, but god the tournament has a tough field.... No Limit holdem rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

i end up going to this despite be overly tired, turned out to be a good game, good bit of crack at the tables.
    Went out 9th - after playing like a rock all night i then made a move on the button with 20k to try double up but to no avail.
    Michael Muldoon ran over the table AGAIN give him chips and he's turns into a monster, well done to PAt who chopped it with Michael, very impressive play by Pat.

Hey Nicky those cash games are so hard to beat, players logic is super......lol and lol again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

smurph wrote:
    but god the tournament has a tough field....

I'd agree the difference between the jackpots Friday €300 and this was huge, without trying to offend anyone. That Muldoon is a class act on the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭rekoJ

1st Michael Muldoon €3180 (Deal Done 1st and 2nd)
    2nd Pat Storan €3080
    3rd Shane Harker €2020
    4th Glen McCabe €1660
    5th Peter Gillick €860
    6th Rab Lindberg €300 (€100 taken from first 3 prizes for bubble)

A top class field of 37 lined out for this, an absolute pleasure to watch and direct, not one ruling was called for throughout the 10 hour event, well done to all, hope to see you all next month for a repeat (13th October put it in your diary)

Brian.

• Advertisement

Michael was the button to my BB on the first table. Very active at the table and he was tilting ever so slightly early on when he gave away 4k in chips to his buddy.

He was allin twice shortly after, with 66 v AK and A6 v KQ. If he loses either of them he's in bad shape. While he annoys the sh!te out of you at a table, you still have to be impressed by his play

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

Well done Pat Storan....damn good player...raging i missed this, sounded like a real decent game...

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Flushdraw wrote:
    While he annoys the sh!te out of you at a table, you still have to be impressed by his play
    I can't understand him, never mind get annoyed by him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 charmedp3

smurph wrote:
    Turned up paid money went to my table of death.
    Joe O'Neill on my left, Jayminator beside him, quiet rock of gibralter beside him, Nicky Power next, Wes (Bottomfeeder), Sideshow Bob, and 2 northern players (shiver shiver Shiver).

Overplayed my pocket jack's on a 9 high flop when i got some heat from Sideshow Bob...... He had flopped a set of 9's......

Don't usually stay around for a cash game, but thank god I did. + €1,200 in cash game meant that I turned a great profit (was actually up some more money), folded top pair top kicker against Niall the Poet Murphy, when he checked raised to 200.... think that was wrong.

Did flop Quad Aces, Nut straights etc, etc.,

Good night, well worth the petrol fare, but god the tournament has a tough field.... No Limit holdem rocks

Well done in cash game glad to see my singing did.t put you off your game:) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

charmedp3 wrote:
    Well done in cash game glad to see my singing did.t put you off your game:) :)

You were very funny, great to see you, play the game next time, they wont know what hit them.......

Advertisement