Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good BMW Garage for Annual Service

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

VeVeX wrote:
    It is entirely possible the guys mechanic did use 10w-40 semi synthetic and made a tidy €25 profit for about 10 minutes work.

Not good I reckon. 0w-30 is reccomended by BMW for a number of reasons including meeting the longer the service intervals. Reckon its a false economy to use 10w-40.
    My local garage in citywest use Shell Helix in all their cars, I'm friends with one of their mechanics and they just universaly use the same oil in every car unless the customer requests a specific oil or somthing special comes in for a service requiring something differant..

Must remember not to go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

What oil you should use depends on the age of your BMW.
    I personally use the Castrol EDGE stuff for the 2002 525i. I stick with the Castrol Magnatec for the 1996 320i, semi synthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Richieno9

eoin_s wrote:
    No, it's their own stamp. They probably are quite cheap compared to BMW dealers. A little off topic, but they're now charging €200 for angel eyes installation, compared to €120 or so a year ago, so they're not a bargain.

Just to clarify a couple of things....we are charging €200 for angel eyes kits and installation. Not just installation. (vat incl)

Also,oil changes in line with BMW's way is an oil change and a safety check. We check out the underside of the car for wear and tear while the oil change is happening and check all the normal operational parts such as lights,screenwash and tyres. We don't just drop oil out and throw the car back on the forecourt. I don't know what sort of garage do oil changes to BMW spec for €50. Would he stand over the car if something were to go wrong????

Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Richieno9 wrote:
    Just to clarify a couple of things....we are charging €200 for angel eyes kits and installation. Not just installation. (vat incl)
    Richie

Sorry Richie, I should have made that clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

I would also like to recommend AC car sales, decent guys, nice to deal with and they don't rip you off. Richie (above?) is your man for anything you need.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks for coming on board Richie and responding to the comments (& thanks for taking the time to get permission to do so).

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Got the car serviced with GTI Direct (tried to get in touch with AC Car sales but couldn't). €405 (including €30 for car hire) for the Service (BMW Inspection II) but also had to get some work done to the suspension on front and rear which meant bringing it in again the same week and that cost €450. Overall I was happy with them.

Advertisement