Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mtb trail map for around howth

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Raam wrote: »
    Tis too big to scan, but I'll try and take a better picture of it for you this evening.

:) Big up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭T.w.a.T.

Hi lads, sorry to take the dust off here, but anyone doing/going to these trails these days?

I'm very interested to go and try few of the trails, and if anyone else is joining I'll be even happier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

Hi T.w.a.T.

The trails are all still there and generally getting plenty of use, it's just the wrong time of year for them. There is so much bramble and nettle overgrowth right now that it really won't be worth your while. Best to wait for some cooler weather when the weeds have died down, it will be much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

As an overview of the trails, take a look at the brown dotted lines on OpenMap cycle layer:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=14/53.3759/-6.0803&layers=C

It is a bit thorny up there but if you want to try it I've sent a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

temporary resuscitation for this thread...i know this isn't a good time of the year due to overgrowth (i literally ran into enough brambles and bushes at the weekend when running some of the trails to know what it's currently like), but in general is there any problem riding these trails? are bikes supposed to be banned from them or is it all good?

i'm thinking of ditching my single speed and picking up an MTB, currently ain't ablt to go for an n+1 approach but curious as to how much riding i'd be able to do up howth or how much hassle or otherwise people get? thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭capnsantini

You won't get any hassle. Just avoid the most crowded parts (lighthouse and cliff trail) and times (especially weekends) and be respectful of any walkers you do come across. Lots more trails than you think up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

You won't get any hassle.

I've never had any problem cycling around the trails (some of which cross a golf club) nor around the cliff walk. As long as you give way to walkers, or go early in the day to avoid them completely, all is good.

Let us know Mr Spuckler if you want a spin up there, I try to do a lap at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

thanks for the offer, i may well take you up on it once i sort myself with an MTB!

Advertisement