Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Network Q Sham !!!

Options
  • 04-09-2007 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Bought a 2003 VW Passat 1.9 TDi from Mckeons in Kells, with a "Network Q" quality assured warranty. After my year of hell of owning this car, here's a list of things that were not done in the 131 Point network Q check !!

Loose headlamp ( vibrating at idle )

Sticky Seatbelts, not retracting !

MAF sensor, intermittent acceleration !!

Brake Light switch kept turning on ABS warning light, asked them to fix it and they didn't even though I left it with them 3 days.

Aircon not working at all !! No Gas. And cooling fan not working even after I got it back fully gassed. Mechanics seemed completly confused that "I" thought the aircon wasn't working, I guess I don't know anything, I'm not a mechanic. Funny how a new radiator was needed in the end ! Another 3 weeks with a new astra 1.3 diesel CDTi ( lots of fun )

Starter Motor acting up.

Crunchy First gear, gearbox !!

Turbo Pipe disconnected on test drive, no power !! Salesman surprised that I noticed !! Was supposed to be tightened, but still blowing, back again to kells.

Wrong Pollen filter, Opel one stuffed into the hole !!

Missing under engine tray, asked them to put one on, never did !!

Failed NCT on split CV boot.......

Had the lend of a bmw 118d for a month as the gearbox was replaced, another heap, who'd pay 38 grand for that !!! Sluggish, very hard ride, love the Passat now that I have fixed it all, lots of low down pull, love it !! Just not Mckeons.....serious lack of any skills, just scamming customers !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Would those sort of garages be under the SIMI banner and if so if they are found guilty of neglagence what happens to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 metallicabmw

And this garage is a main bmw, opel, mitsubishi dealer !!! Makes you think !

All they want to do is sell new cars, not repair anything. Always on the cheap, ride the customer, typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Don't talk to me about McKeons :rolleyes:

All kinds of experiences with them.

Advertisement