Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamamori

Options
  • 04-09-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever try Yamamori on George's St (there's one near haypenny bridge too, haven't been)?

The tofu steaks are excellent. They do really good veggie dumplings. Oh and try the vegetarian bento box, it's a mixture of a few different things, great stuff.
    They do good sake too ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

wow! never heard of that place before. i know one vegetarian who would love to try the steak! check out the menu http://www.yamamorinoodles.ie/dinner.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

The menu looks a bit different online. There's definately a few tofu dishes. the tempura vegtables are good too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i know one vegetarian who would love to try the steak!
    Who could that be?

Two questions Nature boy.
    Did it have the texture of steak, did it taste like steak?

Who could that be?

Two questions Nature boy.
    Did it have the texture of steak, did it taste like steak?

No it's basically triangles of marinated tofu. It's not imitation meat. Sorry I should have made that clear!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

:(

Well, what does it taste like anyway?
    I have heard of tofu steaks that are great, must find them.

• Advertisement

Well, what does it taste like anyway?

They taste great. Quit your whining and eat them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Just eat a steak you wuss. ;)

PS. Love Yamamori. Although I'm not a veggie, but the GF is.

I would gladly kill you and eat you to remove this accusation of wussdom when we meet again, scoundrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

menu might have changed since I was here about 3 months ago, but I had some yummy dish with loads of veg tofu and nuts...vegetarian miso soup came with it.
    I'm vegetarian myself..brought another veggie friend and three others that weren't and we all had a great meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Aura

Nicest veggy food I've had in this country!

• Advertisement
Advertisement