Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car for sale on ebay.ie: Clocked or typo?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I see Carzone is now updated, 1 typo corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I hardly think the literacy of the OP has anything to do with this. Maybe you should go to adult debating classes if you think that's any way to win an argument. In any case, I didn't think the spelling was all that bad, a few mistakes here and there but certainly legible.
    I also think that the OP has done a more than adequate job of explaining the situation and all the would be detectives should stick to the day jobs.
    The 'holier than thou' attitude of some on here would make you sick.
    So what if he wants to make a few quid by importing and selling a few cars. I'm sure most of you do things in your daily lives to make a few quid, like go to work.
    Whether or not the OP pays tax is a matter for the revenue commissioners to investigate.

He's the one accusing people of libel (or should that be liable?) when all evidence would suggest that he is deliberately trying to mislead those who he is attempting to sell the car to and the people on this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ringleader

If you want to update your ad on BuyandSell as well, you can ask to do it on our LiveChat Support right now.

\o/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ringleader wrote:
    If you want to update your ad on BuyandSell as well, you can ask to do it on our LiveChat Support right now.

\o/

:D Now that service for ya. I take it yer site is not down or slow updating, not like the Carzone site ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

MercMad wrote:
    Okay look it IS possibnle that this is a genuine mistake, I dont think the car was/is clocked. I believe that the seller put the lowerer mileage on the add intentionally to gain interest but that it would be obvious to any callers that there had been a mistake and the seller could drop his price accordingly to close the deal.

I have seen this before, its cheeky, but it happens !

Fair play to the OP for spotting it though !
    You call it cheeky but is it actually illegal? Cleverly done either way although I despise the practice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement