Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tescomobile.ie - semi-live!

• 04-09-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Just noticed that some content (but not price plans) has gone up on tescomobile.ie....must be near launch now!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hopefully the phone prices are incorrect otherwise they'll never penetrate (tee hee hee) the market.

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/phones/index.aspx?m=0&p=0|0&f=0

Nokia 5200 for €300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Those images in the shop are a disaster. They look terrible!

A bit unusual for a company to launch a website that's incomplete isn't it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

It looks like a work in progress.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

ciaranfo wrote:
    Those images in the shop are a disaster. They look terrible!

A bit unusual for a company to launch a website that's incomplete isn't it ?

http://social.boards.ie

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nokia 220 for €12. I wonder what would happen if you bought it.

• Advertisement

Dman001 wrote:
    Nokia 220 for €12. I wonder what would happen if you bought it.

I tried it with a few of the phones and it just tells you they are unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I tried it with a few of the phones and it just tells you they are unavailable.

but its working now on the 12 euro phone ,check out the link ,it takes me to the payment stage ..should i chance it ?
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shoppingcart/checkout/index.aspx

andrew1977 wrote:
    but its working now on the 12 euro phone ,check out the link ,it takes me to the payment stage ..should i chance it ?
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shoppingcart/checkout/index.aspx

Are you sure. Check out the middle of the page, the blue bar.

Total Cost: € 450.00 Total: € 450.00

Sorry that's because the €400 phone was still in my cart. I say go for it.

Considering it's not a secure website I wouldn't. I'd love to know what happens though :)

• Advertisement

Are you sure. Check out the middle of the page, the blue bar.

Total Cost: € 450.00 Total: € 450.00

i get this screen before i am asked for my payment details, i dont want to risk putting my credit card details into a site that aint fully functional yet but for 12 euro what a steal if it came through
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shoppingcart/index.aspx

andrew1977 wrote:
    i get this screen before i am asked for my payment details, i dont want to risk putting my credit card details into a site that aint fully functional yet but for 12 euro what a steal if it came through
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/shoppingcart/index.aspx

I didn't realise it wasn't a secure site. I tried the paying by cheque option and it gave me this.
    We are sorry, but the transaction cannot be completed at the moment.
    Please contact Tesco Mobile Ireland support team or try again later.

I didn't realise it wasn't a secure site. I tried the paying by cheque option and it gave me this.

i am getting the same error now as well buddy, not to worry,will be keeping a close eye on this website, bound to be a couple of introductory bargains to be had, best get in before all snapped up

It's Tesco - bargains to be had forever I would imagine. Would be nice to get an early bargain though - keep us updated :)

andrew1977 wrote:
    i am getting the same error now as well buddy, not to worry,will be keeping a close eye on this website, bound to be a couple of introductory bargains to be had, best get in before all snapped up

I wonder will they be doing any 3g stuff. Probably not as they don't do it in the uk but it would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the w810 pic is of a w300

the w810 pic is of a w300
    They seem to have a few incorrect and some others with test in the name.

Does any one know when they plan to launch? It must be soon if they have the site up (albeit nowhere near completed).

It's gonna be very interesting I reckon - how will the staff in stores deal with people and their phone/account problems?

How does it work in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In the UK stores only sell the phones/credit - everything else, you contact Customer Care

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I seriously doubt that tesco will invest the amount of money required to train in store staff with customer issues here either...

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

i noticed that the site has been taken down again. even the coming soon placement page that was there until yesterday is gone too. just says Directory Listing Denied - This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I just passed through the Tesco's in Lucan and they had a phone display setup with a variety of handsets on show, although they had put a couple of photocopied sheets up on top of it saying that they were not on sale yet. There were no prices up yet and some of the DVD cases that they had on the shelf which you pick when you make your selection were T-Mobile and Virgin branded so it must have just been a default "setup a new store" crate that they had sent over from the UK.

Advertisement