Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Commercial and private policy?

Options
  • 04-09-2007 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

Recently changed to a commercial policy when I got a van. Am with Quinn but never thaought at the time to ask about them insuring my car aswell. Does anyone know if they do a combined commercial and private policy to cover both vehicles, onviously at cheaper rate than having 2 seperate policies. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dogg_r_69

I rang them about that when my policy was up this year They wanted to put it on 2 separate policy One policy with my no claims 1 new policy Ended up staying with the broker I was with last year They offered to insure the car with my ncd and then add in the van a week later (trying to get Eagle Star to match the insurance price from last year even though my no claims would be used on the car while twas on the van the year before)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Different subject but I didnt want to bother starting a new thread. Was thinking about the whole NCB thing earlier. Is it part of utmost goof faith and they just accept the cert or do they ring the issuing company to check. If not (other than utmost good faith) whats to stop someone scanning their NCB before they send it to the new company, printing it and sending it to another company to use on another car?

With all the dodgy tax discs, people driving with no insurance etc I'm surprised nothings come up about someone insuring a car for a year, getting a years ncb, then photshopping it to 5 years and going elswhere. Unless the insurer checks then once the person is with them for a year and gets issuesd a cert to say 6 years /full ncb they then have 6 times as much ncb as they should have.

Advertisement