Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So where does everyone come from?

Options
  • 04-09-2007 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've heard that DIT is about two-thirds Dublin and one third from the country. Apparently in Bolton Street it's more like half and half, hence the popularity of the Culchie Soc.

I'm from Louth myself. Any others from outside the pale?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I'm just barely in The Pale; living, as I am, in Naas. The last time I was in DIT Kevin Street I got the feeling that there were more culchies than Dubs there, which isn't necessarily a bad thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

I'm all the way from Dundalk... nicknamed "El PAso" :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dervruth

im from galway! come on d cuchies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

I'm from the Isle of Man! Hold that against me, everyone else does :(

Wow, what's wrong with the Isle of Man? Have you lived here all of your life?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Lived here for the first four years and the last four years, all the rest has been on the rock! I love it but many others are scared of our sheep appreciation ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dunners wrote:
    Lived here for the first four years and the last four years, all the rest has been on the rock! I love it but many others are scared of our sheep appreciation ways.

No we're afraid of you and your "Martin-ish" ways.

Be careful Kevster, he might just try and stick a Manx knob in your mouth.

Anyway I'm from Dublin, born and bread. You'll see (or hear) me around Kevin St.

You should have stayed there Dunners; this place is a dive!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

from bray,

you'll probably see me when Orla smacks me for forgetting to bring in prison break on a tuesday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

drogbaa wrote:
    I've heard that DIT is about two-thirds Dublin and one third from the country. Apparently in Bolton Street it's more like half and half, hence the popularity of the Culchie Soc.

I'm from Louth myself. Any others from outside the pale?

Where in Louth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭strychnine

Yeah im a true blue, no better place to be from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭drogbaa

Hi Lebowski,

Mornington, just east of Drogheda (technically Meath :o , but I'm in denial).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

drogbaa wrote:
    Hi Lebowski,

Mornington, just east of Drogheda (technically Meath :o , but I'm in denial).

Another true blue here going to Kevin St.

P.S. You must also be in denial of the fact that Drogheda was in the pale :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,673 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A bona-fide Dub:cool:

Kevin St was difficult to judge for the Dub:Culchie ratio with the added language courses a factor

If you are in early in Kevin Street each day, you get the lovely aroma of freshly baked bread on the basement floor in the K-building... ...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

I'm from Dublin also.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm in Kev St also from Dublin :)

Nick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭doogle deegan

I'm from Meath, will be in Bolton Street

Advertisement