Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Buy & Bargain Alerts

Options
  • 04-09-2007 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭

I was thinking that perhaps we could start a sticky thread where people could post experiences of purchases, e.g. Kitchen's, Windows, Electrical appliances (Fridges, Hobs etc.) Wooden floors etc.

So if someone comes across a bargain or finds a store that offers excellent service they post it up. Obviously no blatent advertising but I think it could be useful I know I will be doing a lot of shopping around in the next year and I'd be only to happy to post my experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,157 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Good enough idea but not really suited to this forum.

I'll move it to Gardening & DIY where Delly may oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well I understand why you might move it but I was thinking of it been suited to the person who is building a new house or extension and requires all of the bits and pieces I don't think it will get as much traffic in the other forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,157 ✭✭✭✭muffler

irish1 wrote:
    Well I understand why you might move it but I was thinking of it been suited to the person who is building a new house or extension and requires all of the bits and pieces I don't think it will get as much traffic in the other forum?
    As I said its a good idea but let me explain the reason I moved your thread. The planning & construction forum is intended for discussing/debating/advising everything to do with the design, planning and actual construction of houses. Fittings, furniture, decor, etc aren't dealt with in the forum and are moved to the DIY forum.

I know its a fine line in certain cases but a rule of thumb is that if the topic is about something that can be done in an existing house then we move it. Buying bits and bobs could apply to an old or new house but as it is applicable to an old house it gets moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

did anyone ever agree on this?

Advertisement