Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up a Limited Company

Options
  • 04-09-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Does anyone know what document you need to set up a LTD company and can it be done online. Also for the 100 euro do you get a business name with that or do you have to register separatly to protect the business name.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

To the best of my knowledge ...

registering the limited company gives you the business name ..

registering a business name gives you a name and no protection of the business name

For the forms go here

think its the A1 form you'll require ...

http://www.cro.ie/en/forms.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

cheers , whats the situation with authorized capital. whats the min shares one can put in to the company go could the 2 directors in theory only but 2 shares in worth a euro each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

themessiah wrote:
    cheers , whats the situation with authorized capital. whats the min shares one can put in to the company go could the 2 directors in theory only but 2 shares in worth a euro each.
    You can authorise any amount of share capital. say 1m @ 1 euro
    You then issue shares.
    So you could issue 1 share @ 1 euro, there is a minimum tax on issusing shares
    I thinks its 1-3 euro.
    You only need one share holder.

So it would be

Authorised Capital
    1,000,000 Ordinary Shares Nominal Value 1 euro

Issued Share Capital
    1 euro
    Consideration all cash Ordinary 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GEDI

You also need to file documents called memorandum and articles of association wit that A1 form. I could not get my head around these documnets at all or the shares that you were talking about, i didnt just want to chance it. I just mentioned in another thread that i useda company called Dinneen Formations (www.getregistered.ie) and they had everything done in about a week. Worth looking into cause u could get in to trouble later down the line if u do something wrong.

Advertisement