Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Talk and Text 200 and Broadband?

• 04-09-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭

I was messing around with my phone today and went onto 'my3' to check my usage and current spend. When i checked 'account details' it said under 'active add ons' - Mobile Broadband User. I havent bought broadband as an add on. So i browsed the internet for a bit to see if my current spend increased. It didnt. I'm on talk and text 200. Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yes apparently its free til the 17th

also, you say you're on talk and text 200, which i'm assuming is the old tariff because the new one isn't called that. it costs €45 for 200 mins and 200 texts. if you switch to the new talk 200 and get a 200 text add-on it'll cost €39 instead of €45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭brian_rbk

That explains it so. I'm on the old tarrif, 100 mins and 100 txts for 25 euro. I've a K800I and most websites dont look the may west on it. Only good thing i found was the gmail app you can download.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

brian_rbk wrote:
    That explains it so. I'm on the old tarrif, 100 mins and 100 txts for 25 euro. I've a K800I and most websites dont look the may west on it. Only good thing i found was the gmail app you can download.

Get opera mini as well.

Cheers, opera seems pretty good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

brian_rbk wrote:
    Cheers, opera seems pretty good.

No bother man. Enjoy. There is a thread here where people post up their favourite apps on their phone. You might find something really useful in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

Just be careful,

All 3 accounts have a broadband feature, if you don't have one of the bundles 100M 250M or unlimited you are charged per MB useage.

The internet useage is updated overnight, it does not take immediate effect on the ammount of data downloaded.

Wait till the morning, see how much data was used and see if there are any extra charges to your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

dingding wrote:
    Just be careful,

All 3 accounts have a broadband feature, if you don't have one of the bundles 100M 250M or unlimited you are charged per MB useage.

The internet useage is updated overnight, it does not take immediate effect on the ammount of data downloaded.

Wait till the morning, see how much data was used and see if there are any extra charges to your account.

this might seem silly, but how do I check what data usage I have. Being able to use the gmail app is just brilliant!

dingding wrote:
    Just be careful,

where did you hear this? What is the per mb charge? Afaik there's only the add ons and if you don't have those you can't access the net

AlanD wrote:
    this might seem silly, but how do I check what data usage I have. Being able to use the gmail app is just brilliant!

Goto planet3 then services, MY3 and select check usage

brian_rbk wrote:
    Goto planet3 then services, MY3 and select check usage

should have said that I tried this and all it gives me is voice and sms usage.

I didn't buy a data addon. I have the free one people have since the start of the month.

• Advertisement

when it shows u sms and voice usage, its in options underneath 'current spend'

brian_rbk wrote:
    when it shows u sms and voice usage, its in options underneath 'current spend'

current spend only tells me in euros what my usage is.

I want to know in megabytes what data I have downloaded so I don't breach the 100Mb barrier.

Oh will the free internet last all month or is it just a promotion and 3 will dupe us in to paying for it unless we cancel it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

dingding wrote:
    Just be careful,

...Nope. There is no per MB pricing. If you don't have the add-on you won't be charged, nor would you (normally) be able to access the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

...Nope. There is no per MB pricing. If you don't have the add-on you won't be charged, nor would you (normally) be able to access the internet.

I was told by CS that there is a 'casual user' broadband option whereby bill customers are charged per MB. 49c/MB I was told. I was on this 'casual user' option the day I purchased my E65 as I did not get the mobile broadband add on added to my account until the day after.

Ah you see your problem there is cs told you. Something you may not realise yet they couldn't find their arses with both hands and a map.

Basically you can't believe anything they say. The people on this forum know a hell of a lot more than the script monkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Ah you see your problem there is cs told you. Something you may not realise yet they couldn't find their arses with both hands and a map.

Basically you can't believe anything they say. The people on this forum know a hell of a lot more than the script monkeys

Well said! Thank God I havent had to call them now the last month, the broadband, bonus credit when topping up, etc, have all worked fine. All I'm missing now is a MB usage monitor on my3 for 3pay customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Indeed, it's a painful experience dealing the most pleasant, well-mannered people who are terribly trained (through no fault of their own).

Advertisement