Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad quality housing

Options
  • 04-09-2007 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭

I have come to the conclusion that there is a alot of bad quality housing in the market at the moment, probably as a result of the boom we've had over the past few years which has encouraged every Tom, Dick and Harry to turn their hand to being a 'Developer'.

We have just sold and are renting while we look for a site to build on. The house we are renting is very nice and is in a small development of around 20 houses of which only 6 are occupied. A couple of weeks after we moved in we met neighbours from a few doors up, who asked us if we had any trouble with the sewage. They told us that their toilets are backing up every second week. Ours were fine for the first few weeks but one of the toilets and two drains have blocked up since.

I'm not over concerned because we're only renting and as there is still quite a few houses in the estate to sell, the builder is very attentive to our problem (they were here with sewer rods in hand within 24 hrs of being informed). When he has sold the remainder of the houses (which won't be anytime soon by the look of things) it will become my landlords problem.

It would give you the hebejebees though wouldn't it if you were buying. There is no way that an engineer would have spotted this as the problem took a few weeks to manifest itself. I'd hate to see anyone fork out €300k and end up with a problem house. The guy who built these houses wasn't a builder though, so I suppose its no big surprise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Very apt title for the thread considering your username.

Advertisement