Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet Option-Euro 2008

Options
  • 04-09-2007 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭

Hi, I back Ireland €100 @ 13/2 last november to qualify for euro 2008.Look a bit dodgy to me now. Can I do anything now to cover myself as in lay them / back them not to qualify, etc? Paddypower have at the moment 1/5 not to qualify - 3/1 to qualify.
    Do I have an option now or should I wait for the result of the slovak game?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

you can lay em on betfair. personally, I'd wait till the two games because the odds aren't worth it at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Ginger83

ok but if i layed them eg. lay 120 @ 6.0 (5/1) what do i pay out on betfair?is it 600 or 720

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

To answer your question the liability is €600.

However there isn't any real point in laying them at 6.0 you may as well back them not to qualify with PP at 1/5 (the odds are the same and no commission on winnings).

Why don't you Offer to lay them at 5.0 (or lower - last price matched was 4.6 at time of writing)on Betfair. Worst case scenario - no-one takes it and you back with PP just before kick-off..

My 2 cent worth

Brian

Advertisement