Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I wrong

Options
  • 05-09-2007 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

I know after hours is meant to be light hearted and all that but surely people can see that the laxness that adds to the lightheartedness is being abused by a**holes that are just spreading hateful s**t,and then loads of people just jump on the band wagon.
    And I know some people will say freedom of speech but this is a privately owned website.
    Maybe its just me but it seems that a few people can really bring down the good name of boards.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Can you give some examples of what your talking about, as your post is a little vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

it's one forum out of hundreds. if you want real seriousness then don't bother with AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gerky wrote:
    Am i wrong?

I'm sorry but that thread title was TOOOOO perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

is it just the tiredness or did Cox turn purplish pink while saying Carla was wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

The Bollox wrote:
    it's one forum out of hundreds. if you want real seriousness then don't bother with AH.

Agreed. There's just so much more to boards than AH, so it's not even worth bothering with if you don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

basquille wrote:

I'm sorry but that thread title was TOOOOO perfect!

That was the first thing that came to my mind when I seen the title. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

Lmao nice one basquille
    Anyway back on topic the latest example would be
    (lets take it a step further...would ya ride a knacker/traveller?)

I'm not saying that you should be told what you can and cant say but you would have to be blind not to see that there's more than easy going pisstaking in some of them comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I was against that particular thread anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The trouble began when they started letting the darkies post on AH.

Sangre wrote:
    The trouble began when they started letting the darkies post on AH.
    ** sharp breath intake **

......... awkward! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

You mean you use the cloud skin?

Oh, I've made a social faux pas.

Sangre wrote:

Nope, i was clear from the start...

Well, actually... i'm ashamed to say i thought by "darkies", you actually meant this.. (don't click if easily offended)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sangre wrote:

There may not be as many of us darkies(people who use the cloud or black skin) as there are whites (people who use the white or classic skin) but there are still a lot of us and we still exist and should be treated equally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm using the Cloud skin right now and am highly offended* by Sangres comments!

*please don't construe 'highly offended' to mean I actually take offence...sheesh! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

To prevent future faux pases I suggest the darkies be made wear signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Boston wrote:
    To prevent future faux pases I suggest the darkies be made wear signs.
    I'm tempted to change my tagline to "Darkie", but then anyone who hadn't seen this thread may think worse of me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ever seen clerks 2, seamus?

You're taking it back!

Advertisement