Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime central

Options
  • 05-09-2007 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭

Anime central has started a test on sky the channel needs to be added.
    i just watched full metal on it the 1 ep there doing the first ep of each of the shows untill launch if you don't know thats fma ,bleach, ghost in the shell and other
    looking forward to see how bleach dub.

get it by using add channel

v
    2/3

it's called 52360 so i know it not the real thing yet not sure what time the test start i saw it just there 1:30Am

is meant to be after 9pm for real but not sure this way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I was reading about this channel only the other day.

I've seen an episode of the Bleach dub before and it's really not all that bad... certainly a hell of a lot better than the job that was done on Naruto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Why am I on NTL?! ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Art_Wolf wrote:
    Why am I on NTL?! ;_;
    Internet!

...which is patchy...

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

i was just watchin some transformers headmaster, which doesn't really seem like it should be on an anime channel, but hey. looking forward to bleach at 9:30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I don't mind Ichigo's voice in the dub, to be honest.

I heard about this channel around two weeks ago, and I thought, 'what took them so long to start an anime channel?'

So, what channel number was it?

• Advertisement

I don't mind Ichigo's voice in the dub, to be honest.

I heard about this channel around two weeks ago, and I thought, 'what took them so long to start an anime channel?'

So, what channel number was it?
    It hasn't got a number yet. You have to put the settings from the opening posting into your sky box under the add channel option.

The quality of the channel isn't all that great... they obviously haven't got much bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

i think it has and this is only the test so the final one will be better.
    i can't wait to hear rukias innocent voice she uses at school hers it good but i think people say the actress is better in later episodes,
    ichigos voice must be made a bit higher still very well done

Renji isn't the best from what I've heard... he sounds a bit childish.

the stuff there showing

hack//Sign
    Bleach
    Cowboy Bebop
    Escaflowne
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1ST and 2ND GIG)
    Gundam Seed
    Planetes
    s-CRY-ed
    Transformers: The Headmasters
    Witch Hunter Robin
    Wolf's Rain
    The initial lineup will be:

21.00 - Transformers: The Headmasters
    21.30 - Bleach
    22.00 - Fullmetal Alchemist
    22.30 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    23.00 - Planetes
    23.30 - Escaflowne (not in test as far as i can see)

Looking forward to seeing Planetes. It looks brilliant and I've yet to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

IT'S ABOUT FRIGGING TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Lets see, Wolf's Rain, GITS,Scryed, Bleach,Gundam Seed. Nice few I've been wanting to see,

i thought propeller or rockworld had previously shown wolf's rain, i maybe wrong. its not great though.

sme wrote:
    i thought propeller or rockworld had previously shown wolf's rain, i maybe wrong. its not great though.

yes, but I only realised those channels existed after thye stopped showing em....

They did a really bad job of screening anime though...

Sometimes they'd show the first half and then not come back to it after the ad break... or they show the first half and then show the first half again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 slummingangel

it's pop girl before nine when's it being fully launched as i'm sick of seeing just the first episode of programmes

it's not on pop girl but it uses the same transpoder as that when ones on the other is off pop girl was 6am to 9pm (ish) anime central is 9pm to 6 am

the sky number won't be the same for both

it's out on the 13th i think propeller has a anime network full time now showing the summer show daily and will be starting full time new stuff
    this weekend with loads more adv stuff
    and has e.n.g and guyver still going

on sat and sun 8-10pm

The site says it's starting on the 10th I think. Might be mixed up. Not bright

i saw an ad for popgirl on one of the music stations, it definately has nothing to do with anime central.

anyone know if this will be getting a proper channel number or will it be in the added channels with itv and the other channels i never watch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

SEEMS cool,i'll check it out tonight.

Saw it last night. Should be good. WOrd of warning, they're using the Stardubs of Headmasters...awful.

also, I really really hate the FMA dub, and this really reminds me why. I'm siorry funimation but get new VAs. And possibly some better writers. Please. Thank god Toonami showed the Ocean DBZ for the most part, or I'd never have been able to watch it. And thank god the dvds are subbed as well

• Advertisement

Optimus Prime is an utter joke in Headmasters... he sounds about 15 years old.

And Blur sounds like Mr. Slave from South Park.

Headmasters was bad ,
    but i always like the fma dub have sub of the movie and still like dub better

is al supposed to sound like a girl? i haven't watched this fansubbed so i don't know what the japanese actors sound like, but i thought the voice for al was a bit meh

al sound good in this, i have the movie on dvd in japanese he sound like a very small girl, but in english his voice sounds right for his real body and personality
    this is one of the better dubs there is,that's what i think anyway.

Advertisement