Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bullbars?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Presumably it's still allowed as it's not a big enough deal for anyone (in government / RSA)to bother taking action on it.

In fairness if something the weight and momentum of an 4X4 hits you i think whether or not it has bull bars of the front is the least of your worries...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You see bull bars on transits, etc also!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

In fairness if something the weight and momentum of an 4X4 hits you i think whether or not it has bull bars of the front is the least of your worries...

I think that would depend on the size of the 4X4.
    Are we talking about Rav 4 or a Discovery?

Lots of small SUV's that never see the country side let alone live stock fitted with them.

But its a fair point, I don't see anyone giving out about all of the Lorrys fitted with Bull Bars, when is the last time you saw a lorry in a field with a bull.
    (Waiting for smart comment about cattle trucks :rolleyes:)

all thought if you get runover by a truck I don't think it will matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭coolbeans

What do farmers need bull bars for?

In short they don't. Speaking as a farmer's son I've never seen the need for them. The old man will be getting a new pick-up soon and I'm making it quite clear to him that (the majority) of people will only resent the bull bar and that he'd be better off without it.
    In short; bullbars make Jesus cry.:mad:

coolbeans wrote: »
    What do farmers need bull bars for?

In short they don't. Speaking as a farmer's son I've never seen the need for them. The old man will be getting a new pick-up soon and I'm making it quite clear to him that (the majority) of people will only resent the bull bar and that he'd be better off without it.
    In short; bullbars make Jesus cry.:mad:

Depends on how much herding is done using the jeep.
    Ever had a cow kick in a radiator? Bull Bars do prevent this

But then so do the plastic / foam type A-Bars which are a little less evil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

kbannon wrote: »
    You see bull bars on transits, etc also!

There are also seen on Toyota Corolla Estates and Caldina's (Carina Estate) from Japan. But they are a lot smaller in size.

G Luxel wrote: »
    There are also seen on Toyota Corolla Estates and Caldina's (Carina Estate) from Japan. But they are a lot smaller in size.

Also small ones to be seen on Austin Minis and old VW Beetles and Vans/Buses.
    But then again mini with Bulbars will probubly only knee cap you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

emaherx wrote: »
    Depends on how much herding is done using the jeep.

Jeep ? what kind of farmer are you, you should have a horse for all that herding :D

oleras wrote: »
    Jeep ? what kind of farmer are you, you should have a horse for all that herding :D

I would but I can't find any where to bolt the Bull Bar:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭nytraveller

Does this mean I cant go fishing now?

2463.JPG

• Advertisement
Advertisement