Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaios and Peats

• 05-09-2007 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

On a few lunchtime trips to peats (the small one on dame street) I've noticed some nice vaios from 849-1200 or so, they seem pretty good spec and have gorgeous crisp screens.

I reckon I'll mainly be using it for some web development/java etc. Probably no gaming though a dedicated vid card would be nice.

I'm not sure of the specs but I'll try and pop down on lunch today.

Has anyone else noticed them, got any opinions? I'm not sure if they're the same ones as listed on peats' website.

Also does anyone have any experience of peats' after sales care? After dealing with PC World it can't be much worse! :cool:

[EDIT]
    Some specs:
    Sony Vaio VGN-FZ18E - €1169
    1.8ghz Centrino Duo
    2gb ram (type not specified)
    DVD rewriter and 160gb hd

VGN-N31Z - €1095
    Intel Core 2 Duo T5500
    2Gb
    dvd rewriter and 120gb

VGN-N31MW
    CORE 2 DUO T5100
    1GB RAM
    DVD RW/ 120GB

[/EDIT]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Easy_81

I have an older Viao approx 2 years old and have not had 1 problem with it at all.
    So right about screen quality they are really good, nice and crisp, and a great size.
    Also a good move moving from PC World, my friends have had bad experiences their too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I recently bought the Vaio FZ-11s for 1250 from dabs.ie which has a fairly stonking spec for the price. It was 1400 in peats/sony shop at the time. Really beautiful laptop with a truly fabulous screen (probably what swung it for me). Likewise I'm using it for some development work but it's great to then be able to kick back and watch DVDs with such a high quality screen. Battery life isn't the best though but otherwise I've been really really pleased with the purchase (previous laptop was a Dell Inspiron by the way).

The issue of course is are you willing to pay an extra 150 or so to have a 'bricks and mortar' shop you can go back to with issues but the Vaio is very well set up and pretty much ready to go out of the box... either way, they are very good machines.

The only thing I'd say re your quoted specs is that 1GB ram is low for a laptop that has Vista pre-installed on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

yh i also got the sony fziil for 1060 and delivered in 2 days from laptopsdirect.ie so you should look on their or some other sites. Dont use dabs though have had nothing but problems with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

rory1983 wrote:
    yh i also got the sony fziil for 1060 and delivered in 2 days from laptopsdirect.ie so you should look on their or some other sites. Dont use dabs though have had nothing but problems with them

Or, better, start here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055146767

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Just in case you think im posting about laptops direct for advertising purposes im not i did buy off dabs originally (check my posts i was asking on here about them). They took ages to deliver , it was broke when i got it and they took ages to refund my money. I ordered of laptops direct got it in two days, they rang me on the delivery day to say it was coming so after that i am a lot happier with their service. OP its up to yourself im just telling from my experiences im sure lots of people have had problems with laptops direct, maybe your just going to peats and buying their at least if theirs a problem you can just hop on a bus and return it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement