Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathmines Parking

Options
  • 05-09-2007 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know of any handy and free parking in Rathmines? Currently I'm parking way up near palmerston villas and its a good 10-15 minute walk to where I work (around the swan center area).

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jebuz wrote:
    Currently I'm parking way up near palmerston villas and its a good 10-15 minute walk to where I work (around the swan center area).

Jesus, that's some walk alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Gulistan Cottages off Mount Pleasant Ave used to be free, but it's a while since I was there. Also used to fill up early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

stovelid wrote:
    Jesus, that's some walk alright.

for crying out loud, who asked you?!? i'm asking people if they know of any better locations to leave my car in, make life a little easier for me, whats the problem, why do you feel you have to make a smart ass comment? pisses me off completely people like you butting in

Gulistan Cottages off Mount Pleasant Ave used to be free, but it's a while since I was there. Also used to fill up early.

I know the area, would be a lot handier for me coming from that direction, I'll check it out. Cheers for the useful reply unlike some others

nah its ticket parking in there, would be sweet if it was free although I doubt you'd get a spot everyday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jebuz wrote:
    why do you feel you have to make a smart ass comment?

It makes me feel big and clever.

I know someone from around there and I get annoyed when people clog up narrow, residential streets like Palmerstown Villas for 8 hours a day and then despite the free parking; f*cking whine because they have to walk (about a mile max) down to Rathmines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

jebuz wrote:
    Does anybody know of any handy and free parking in Rathmines? Currently I'm parking way up near palmerston villas and its a good 10-15 minute walk to where I work (around the swan center area).

Cheers.

There's a car park behind the church, go round the corner onto Richmond Hill, behind a care home type place. Just past a laneway leading to Mews. It's not metered as yet.

stovelid wrote:
    It makes me feel big and clever.

I know someone from around there and I get annoyed when people clog up narrow, residential streets like Palmerstown Villas for 8 hours a day and then despite the free parking; f*cking whine because they have to walk (about a mile max) down to Rathmines.

who's whining!!? im asking for alternative places to park, muppet

palmerston villas is always empty, plenty of spaces. People have their cars in their driveways its free for a reason, so go away from me with your "clogging up narrow residential streets", people have JOBS they need to park somewhere. YOU get annoyed cos people park in a street you don't even live? get real

Advertisement