Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant cancel Meteor

• 05-09-2007 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi I am trying to cancel my bill phone with meteor and switch over to O2 but am having some problems. I was told i have to clear any outstanding bills I have with meteor first and I dont see any problem with that only meteor wont give me the bill. I need to switch to O2 A.S.A.P as I need to use their 3g broadband for work. Has anyone else had this problem or if someone knows best way to go about it please let me know as I have phoned on numurios occasions and was told someone would call back but they never do. O2 wont transfer until this bill is cleared???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

have you tried logging into www.mymeteor.ie and checking the balance of your bill online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just sign up with a new O2 number and transfer your number over later if it's that important. Ask them when your billing date is as that's when your bill will be issued. It's either the 5th, 10th, 15th or 25th.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

chrislad wrote:
    Just sign up with a new O2 number and transfer your number over later if it's that important. Ask them when your billing date is as that's when your bill will be issued. It's either the 5th, 10th, 15th or 25th.

DO NOT do this. You would be left with two numbers on contract for a year.

... unless you are happy with that idea!

Can you not pay the remaining bill over the phone by card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SDooM wrote:
    DO NOT do this. You would be left with two numbers on contract for a year.

... unless you are happy with that idea!
    no you wouldn't. There's no problem with doing that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

have you tried logging into www.mymeteor.ie and checking the balance of your bill online?

Dont think I can pay online via Meteor
    Just sign up with a new O2 number

I cant as I need same number.
    Can you not pay the remaining bill over the phone by card?

Thats what Im trying to... i might just print off bill from meteor.ie and go into a meteor shop and pay it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

as far as i know u cant pay over the phone. but yes the best thing to do is to just go to a meteor store and pay the amount that is on ur bill online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

Meteor is not allowed to block you porting your number to O2 just because you have an outstanding bill. If they were to block the porting O2 can raise a complaint with Meteor, and I guess they will because it's in their interest to get your custom.

The reason is that Meteor can't presume that you will default on your bill and not pay the outstanding amount after you have ported away. Meteor are only allowed to block porting if you have already defaulted on paying your bill and you are in a debt collection process.

Of course you can only cancel a contract after the minimum term (1 year?) has expired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jayo2004 wrote:
    I cant as I need same number.
    i don't think you quite understand. You can sign up to o2 with a new number and then later on move your meteor number onto your o2 sim card and the 086 number will disappear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Listen to HiredGun:

Walk into O2, bring up the documents you need. ie. Recent Meteor Bill, Photo ID, Direct Debit info in case needed.

Say Hi, I'm Joe Bloggs and I want to move my number from Meteor Bill to O2 Bill and I'd also like your broadband service. They put through the application electronically, you sign a porting authorisation form giving O2 permission to disconnect your number from Meteor, activate it on O2 and the computers do the rest all within a few hours.

Meteor disconnects you and sends you a final bill for whats outstanding, possibly including penalty charges for months left on a contract.

The only way that it wont move your number is as said by someone above is if you already have defaulted on several bill payments.

Go to O2, they'll do it all!!!

P.S. Or Vodafone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Its that easy to switch networks? So one could avail of an offer for switching networks and then change back to their old network a few weeks later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I switched from meteor to 3 all i had to do was go into a meteor shop ask for a print out of my bill brought it into 3 shop and they did the rest number was ported the next day. Next week i got a final bill from meteor. Just make sure your outside your contract otherwise they will charge you the remaining months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

dmn wrote:
    as far as i know u cant pay over the phone. but yes the best thing to do is to just go to a meteor store and pay the amount that is on ur bill online.
    You can pay over the phone. I've done it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Again, some bad information coming from people here. Meteor are NOT obliged to let you port your number if you owe them money, or if you are still in contract. If you are approaching your final month, you are still in contract, and Meteor have a right to hold you to that.

SDooM, I know what I'm taking about. You would not be stuck in 2 contracts. You would have an 086 number, which would disappear, once Meteor release the OPs number for porting. Again, that will occur once the account is cleared.

You can pay over the phone with Meteor customer card, albeit only with a Visa or Mastercard. No laser yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Its that easy to switch networks? So one could avail of an offer for switching networks and then change back to their old network a few weeks later?

You forgetting that you have to pay penalties if you signed a fixed term contract and leave early.
    So yes, you can do what you are suggesting but it wouldn't be worth it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

micmclo wrote:
    You forgetting that you have to pay penalties if you signed a fixed term contract and leave early.
    So yes, you can do what you are suggesting but it wouldn't be worth it

Im talking about pre pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

Kristok wrote:
    I switched from meteor to 3 all i had to do was go into a meteor shop ask for a print out of my bill brought it into 3 shop and they did the rest number was ported the next day.

3's number portability system is crap if you ask me. They should officially be able to port within a few hours but I have heard of several people who had to wait for a day or even a whole weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

just to say that recently METEOR stopped giving unlocking codes to customers who were entitled to them, claiming that some machine they got from nokia to generate these codes was not working and nokia would not fix it! if you are entitled to receive unlocking code for any phone your operator is obliged to give that code in a timely manner usually requiring you to request it by post although most now give it over phone within few hours of asking!
    as for meteor and bill-pay at least you weren't asked for €300 deposit which they add to your account after 6 months! its all designed to lock you into staying longer with crap networks!!

Advertisement