Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Wheel Of Time

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

go **** yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

The previous comment is a bit harsh. I appreciate my fair share of metal too but why the limited reading material. Horses for courses I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

It's a joke, lighten up, you know "hahahaha" that type of thing? And I don't think the mod of a forum should be so harsh either. What are you on about limited reading material? It's a group about The Wheel Of Time... If you mean that's all I'm talking about there are 10 books in the series with another in a way, so forgive me if I can't read so fast that the pages start to burn.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'm fairly sure there are 11 books in the series now, not 10.

Personally I'm totally fed up with the series, he totally lost his way at book 7 and now reading them is hard work!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,774 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm fairly sure there are 11 books in the series now, not 10.

Personally I'm totally fed up with the series, he totally lost his way at book 7 and now reading them is hard work!
    Yep - definately 11 books in the Wheel of Time series, plus a prequel book (New Sping)

number 12 is due out next year i think, and will finish the series - going to be over 1000 pages.

I agree with you up to 7; 8 and 9 are average and 10 is simply terrible. the 10th can simply be described as a long winded ending to book 9 - nothing happens in it that could not have been put in as an extra chapter to 9 imo, needless entry to the series.

I found 11 very enjoyable, but hard to read - as I had forgotten a lot of the plot points from the previous 10 by the time it came out, and I could only 'kinda' remember a few of the hanger-on charactors. By the time I did get my head around it all I had enjoyed the book, and i think it is a return to form. Looking forward to the series finale to see it all wrapped up, but i think the (if you have not read 11)
    Black Tower (or whatever Rand's little army that is getting taken by the bloke who's name i can't remember is called) is going to be criminally uder-used/under-developed as what could have been a great plot point

Gonna have to find some sites with good book summaries before number 12 hits the stores or I'm not going to be able to understand half of what i read.

It is due out early 2009, and will most likely be over 1500 pages, hardback.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

Oh yea sorry, 11 with another on the way. Finished book 6 last night, thought the ending was excellent as was most . Book 5 and most of book 4 bored the hell out of me but 6 was brilliant. Don't know why I bothered to set up that group, was bored at work yesterday so decided to set it up.

Advertisement