Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

it induction course

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

im in the computer lab right now doing an induction course! anyone here with me?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

They're such bull**** - but do you still get a free memory stick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

1gb this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Waltons wrote:
    1gb this year :D

Well worth it so.And do they care if your 2nd year?

Presumably not if they don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

That ''course'' is pointless, just played curveball for the 20 minutes. The 1GB USB stick is good though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Is it like last year where you basically had to show up and they didn't check what year you were in or even if you were in UCD? 'Cos I've got a hankerin' for a nice new memory stick...

I'm thinking along the same lines - the old mature student look!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Flume wrote:
    Well worth it so.And do they care if your 2nd year?

God no, I'm in third year and got 5 of the things today. Was trying to get a couple of things sorted around campus and had to check my e-mail every so often, so I went to Daedalus, because I knew the place was full of computers with the IT induction and whatnot, so went in and messed around on bebo or whatever while they showed the video, then collected my memory stick at the end. The last time I went in, at about 4 this afternoon, everyone was just on bebo the whole time and just seemed to be there to get the free sticks, no one was paying ny attention to the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm in there now. In 3 years I've now done this thing 6 times. I've got 3 1GB cards now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭bryanw

I did it... the course itself was so boring, nearly fell asleep. The chair was pretty comfy. But the memory stick was worth it. It's so much cooler than one I saw in the shop for €25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

gubbie wrote:
    I've got 3 1GB cards now :D

Snap. They'll come in handy anyway.

Snap. They'll come in handy anyway.
    I'm in there getting my 4th now... There were a few 1st years hanging around eng who've already done this so they're in getting their second :)

I gave one to my brother who's starting UCC this year. He was eternally grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

yeay,i am sorry for the IT centre though:p

1gb pendrive...yum...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

gubbie wrote:
    I'm in there getting my 4th now... There were a few 1st years hanging around eng who've already done this so they're in getting their second :)

I gave one to my brother who's starting UCC this year. He was eternally grateful

You know I'd also be grateful... I'm on placement + can't get me my usb :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I was gonna go but i'm feeling lazy. Plus there's nobody down there. Campus is rather quiet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

I'm there right now. Bored silly.

5th

I'm starting to lose count

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

What time do these stop today?

wanna go up but can't be arsed just now.

Will they just hand out whatever is left at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

The site says they keep running during the term. I just hope that the free memory keys keep going as well for when I'm there.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

I'm going to do it on Monday so long as the free stick is there - 1 gig for nothing! And to think I was planning on shelling out for one of those :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea I got my second, although I really don't think it was worth it, suffering there in the blistering heat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Those memory keys are pretty useful. I've got my 1GB memory key backing up all my files. I could use another key. I'll see if I can get another one on Monday as I gave my other two 1GB keys to my cousin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Aquitaine

i think they are finished now

Advertisement