Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking apps

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭

What apps do you guys use to stress your CPU's etc. Also what apps do you use to measure temperatures? I looked at the temps sticky but its not clear what programs you are using, and my experience with temperature monitoring software is results change from app to app.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

hey, goood idea man,

stress = orthos

temperature = core temp & speedfan (core temp gives the temperatures i care about (core 0), and speedfan lets me mess around with fan speeds, monitor voltages and monitor other temps)

also use cpuz to confirm voltage to cpu

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Well cpu-z voltage reading for C2D cpus is totally wrong, but its good for checking frequencies / timings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

what should i be using instead then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If one of you makes a detailed thread with whats best for amd + intel with links and information. Maybe even a few screenshots, ill make it a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

well I use core temp, cpu-z and Orthos

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I had probs with orthos on c2q, when i created another instance and set affinity it always failed, had to use the latest version of prime95 25.4, available here. It now runs an instance on each core.

For core temperatures i use the latest version of core temp 0.95.4, available here

For reading frequencies i use cpuz, latest version available here. Cant trust the voltage reading tho, best read from the bios.

For fan speed monitor i've been using uGuru as i've got an Abit mobo, but i've previously used both speedfan & motherboard monitor.

Advertisement