Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spare Parts

• 05-09-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi all,

Beeing quite new in the area I am looking for used parts in Ireland.
    I have heard of Cityspares but is there any other places were I could get second hand parts ?:confused::confused:
    Is it easy or difficult to get these parts in Ireland ?:eek:

I also would like to know if there are bike dismantlers around and how do you dispose of a too damaged for repair bike ?:(

Thanks all for your numerous answers !!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Try Motomax in Dublin for spare bits but they are likely to only sell new bits. Cityspares are good but KTM's are fairly rare in Ireland. Buy a copy of the Bike Buyers Guide - there are several breakers listed and check the Buy and Sell. You would prpbably be beter off trying the UK and eBay might have what you need too.

To dispose of a damaged bike, any car dismantler will take it for free, or you could ask City spares if they will buy it off you.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

First Choice breakers in Wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TheDukeLC4

KtK wrote:
    First Choice breakers in Wicklow.

Cool have you got the name and adress ?

I am surprise not to find any in Dublin !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Youll find a link to them here. I think Merlin (shown also) might be the same company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bjmotors

TheDukeLC4 wrote:
    Hi all,

Beeing quite new in the area I am looking for used parts in Ireland.
    I have heard of Cityspares but is there any other places were I could get second hand parts ?:confused::confused:
    Is it easy or difficult to get these parts in Ireland ?:eek:

I also would like to know if there are bike dismantlers around and how do you dispose of a too damaged for repair bike ?:(

Thanks all for your numerous answers !!:)

Try Northside motorcycle dismantlers up in santry, he's quite good.

I also notced you mentioned that you have a bike that is too damaged for repair... What bike is it ?? I would be very interested in that for myself as i dismantle bikes in my spare time.. PM me details please. thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement