Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Scheme Now a Dead Duck

Options
  • 05-09-2007 11:53am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

thanks to bloody wood pellet burners.

You may read precisely why here and with a bit more here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Disastorous but not surprising. I doubt our Govt sees BB as a priority even though it could give a major shot in the arm to our economy. The longer we ignore our infrastructure, the less economically attractive we appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

So - whatcha gonna do about it then ?
    Whatchagonnadoaboutit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

DaBreno wrote:
    Disastorous but not surprising. I doubt our Govt sees BB as a priority even though it could give a major shot in the arm to our economy. The longer we ignore our infrastructure, the less economically attractive we appear.

Considering the Government doesn't see fit to ensure enough teachers, school places, Gardaí, health service personnel, etc., it shouldn't be too surprising that they aren't too worried about improving infrastructure, whether telecoms, clean water supplies (or indeed 24/7 supplies of *any* water in some places) or things like roads (those motorways to Dublin were supposed to be finished by 2006, and now it looks like they won't be done by 2010).

Considering the current lot have just been re-elected for the third time, I wouldn't even expect more of the same, I'd expect less.

I have hardly heard a peep as to how Eamon Ryan is performing mind you. The only news about the Greens in govt. seems to be Gormley and environment, and even that has been in the news far less than I'd have expected.

Advertisement