Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Noisy water pump

Options
  • 05-09-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question.

My water pump makes a consistent high pitched squeal at low revs, nothing too loud or severe but its noticeable. It goes away for a while if I spray its axle with a dose of WD40 but returns after a few hours/days.

Its an 95 Corolla in case that matters.

Should I ignore this or get it looked after? Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Snap. My water pump is on the way out aswell and its a 95 corolla. Its more noticable when the engine is started from cold. No way i wouldnt ignore it. Get someone to have a look at it soon and keep an eye on the temp gauge.

I have a new pump on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Get it looked at before it goes, because if it does it will be at 3am in the arsehole of nowhere without mobile coverage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Humm, another bit of my car bites the dust!

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

if it seizes and the timing belt is connected to it which it probably is, the timing belt will probaly snap taking the engine with it. it is changed as a matter of course with the timing belt and tensioners usually at 60000miles.

Advertisement