Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why am I losing traffic from Yahoo?

Options
  • 05-09-2007 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    A friend of mine recently asked me if I had any ideas why his UK-based site has suddenly dropped from 100,000 page views a month to just over 60,000.

The traffic dropped off quite suddenly in a single week in mid-July. Almost all the drop was in referrals from Yahoo, and mostly from the US. Google referrals have remained steady.

Has anyone got any ideas why this might have happened, and whether there's any way to get back the lost hits.

Cheers,
    Bruce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

It would seem Yahoo has re-ranked his site. Its no longer at the top of the search list and so not as many people are clicking on it. Whereas it's still quite high in Google so he isn't facing the same problem.

I think he would need to analyse the keywords that people were searching for and try to re-gain hits by improving his SEO for those search phrases. When you search on Yahoo take a look specifically to see what other sites are higher than his in the search results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

There was a Y! update around that time, since most of the lost traffic is from the US, they may have tweaked their geolocation filter.

http://www.ysearchblog.com/archives/000470.html

Advertisement