Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving certificate mature student

Options
  • 05-09-2007 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if somebody might be able to help me,

I wish to pursue a career in primary teaching as a mature student,
    I originally completed my leaving in 2000,
    But I need honours Irish and one other honour subject to meet the entry requirements for Mary I,

Please could somebody tell me is there any night or day course provider in Kerry (or I am willing to travel) that does the leaving cert?

I have tried VTOS and vec and several colleges,
    They are either ignoring my constant emails or do not do the Irish for the leaving cert,

I know I’m too late for the 2008 leaving,
    But If I knew of a course provider I could approach them for 2009,

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Hi, A good site for you to enquire on is www.educationposts.ie

I'm in the same boat as yourself, as are lots others on that site.
    I don't know about Kerry, but I do know one girl is doing it in Deanes college (i think) in Cork.

But, go on there & ask the question. You're bound to gets lots of advice.

Best of Luck.
    I'm doing it again this year, 11 years after 1st sitting it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If all else fails, you could try http://www.kilroyscollege.ie/course.php?courseid=46

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

BuffyBot wrote:

DON'T!!!

I'm currently enrolled with them & they're absolutely useless.
    If you want info, PM me.

Note the first part of my sentence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 johnc22

Hi ppl , im 22 years old left school when i was 16,,, now i want to join the gardai,,,,, i know the lca is sufficient for joining but i want to sit my exam for 2009,, are the any places where i could do that in 1 year,, im prepared to study for a year.

• Advertisement

Your best bet would be to contact your local VEC to find out where offers the LCA in your area, but I don't think it's possible to do it within a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

to the OP, you could try here if it's a Kerry based institution you are looking for, I've no idea what they are like though

http://www.brookfieldcollege.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 manta_mad_lyn

Hi guys!
    I know i should probably start a new thread for this but i just joined today and cant figure out how to do that!

My boyfriend left school after Junior Cert and now really wants to do his leaving cert as he wants to join the guards.
    Hes 28.
    He works full time and doesn't want to return to full time study and i doubt he would have time for part time classes.
    Is it possible to do a distance learning leaving certificate course?

I would really appreciate any help or advice on this subject.
    Thanks guys!
    Lyn

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

The only "distance learning" leaving cert option I know of is Kilroy's College, I couldn't recommend them though. It's more of an old style correspondence course than proper distance learning. I did one LC subject with them years ago and thought they were rubbish, do a search on here and see what others think.

Advertisement