Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reserve Medical Corps???

• 05-09-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

hey folks,

having looked around the irish defence forces site they mention the existence of a reserve medical corps which i'd be interested in but i can't find a website or any further info such as what barracks theyd be in etc.

any info would be helpful

PS anyone know of a site for 65 or 67 reserve???

failin any of the above options im thinkin of joining 62nd cavalry

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Gablin

I beleive the reserve med corps are in McKee Barracks or St. Bricin's hospital, parading on Tuesday nights. Head over to Bricin's and ask the guy at the gate, he'll have their number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

Not sure about the Medics....... I've been around them, I think they're in Brickins or maybe Cathal Brugha.

Any questions ya have about the 65 just PM me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

I presume the Reserve Medical Companies have been absorbed into the Logs Battalions. So contact the Logs bn in your Bde area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

I was in the Slua in Cork for two years, but because of work never really could make a go of it, sadly.

At the same time, my ex who was a medical student served in a medic unit in Cork - in the FCA.

Just contact your local RDF/FCA command and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

It's at St. Bricin's Military Hospital, Infirmary Rd-just off Parkgate Street.

We parade on tuesday nights from 8 to 10, just head up on tuesday night and they'll sort it out, they're back parading so they'll be someone there.

If you want the recuiting Sergeant's number to have a chat about it just PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭greenarrow

www.beb.com/62LSBMedCoy

They would have all the information that you are looking for Figs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I'm a medic meself, it's great stuff altogether.

Best of luck with it.

Well I have to say I like medics a lot. I have never met a medic I didn't like I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jake59

are there no medics based outside dublin, this unit would be perfect for me. surely there are medics based in the curragh

All the medical units are located in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Clonmel and Galway.
    The medical corps in Dublin is located near Heuston Station though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

greenarrow wrote: »
    All the medical units are located in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Clonmel and Galway.
    The medical corps in Dublin is located near Heuston Station though.

Bricin's is on the Chopping block though isn't it?

They may have to move the RDF unit!

i'm gonna enquire about the medics tomorrow. it would be a great way to get overseas.... it would bring back memories of sth lebanon '96:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Correct me if i am wrong but would the likes of order of malta and st johns ambulance etc....
    not fall under the title of reserve medic/ambulance corps.

moose112 wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong but would the likes of order of malta and st johns ambulance etc....
    not fall under the title of reserve medic/ambulance corps.

no... what is meant here is the medical corps of the reserve defence forces.. you would be thinking of voluntary services there

That website address is

http://bebo.com/62LSBMedCoy

Apologies for the earlier gaffe. And I like the fact that no one pointed it out. So I have gotten away with it.

Phew! But all the contact details for the RDF Medical Corps unit in Dublin are on that page. And its quite a good page too.

Advertisement