Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore rd to WIT

• 05-09-2007 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭

Ok I am starting college soon and I am living in the Ardkeen area. Does anyone know of any bus's that go from anywhere on the dunmore road and the surrounding area to the WIT ? I dont think Bus Eireinn do. I know kennielies used to but I dont think they do anymore. Are there any private bus services that go there?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

the closest you'll get tir connell avenue on the 5c its a bout a ten minute walk to college from there. i presue you're on the main campus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Unfortunately not. You need to get the bus into the quay and then a connecting bus that goes to the WIT from there. Such a pain really, considering the Industrial estate, WIT and various other businesses are over in that area, you would imagine a bus route directly there would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Balls !! Yeah I cant beleive there isnt a direct bus at least in the mornings and evenings for commuting!!

the 5c brings you 95% of the way

Yeah, but a ten minute walk in the rain is not going to set you up for a nice day of study . lol. I will have to try it out and see where it leaves me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

5C @ 08:10 in the morning will bring you in as far as Parnell St. if it's dry, and you don't mind walking, or down to the Clock Tower if you don't fancy walking. The 3C is usually there waiting to bring people out to the college, and runs every 10/15 minutes throughout the day, to the college & back. €1.45 per bus ride .

When you get your student card, go into Bus Eireann on the Quay, and ask to get a monthly ticket. You'll have to get your photograph taken, which'll be €2, and is a once off unless you lose it. Is €40 a month for as many city buses as you want, and the Tramore bus. Is quite good value really.

And if I see any Chris's in there in the next week, I'll be sure to take a horrible photograph of you.

After that, you're safe, I'll have quit :D

the 5c keeps going out of town up to hillview then down onto skibberean road...if you get out the first stop after turning off at the small estate....its just a straight walk straight down the road to the WIT only bout 10 minutes

Fajitas! wrote:

And if I see any Chris's in there in the next week, I'll be sure to take a horrible photograph of you.

Dont worry , I dont need your help for that . I can do that all myself :P . I Probably wont be in there within the next week .

Thanks for the Info. i will probably get the pass and get teh 2 bus's then.

It's probably the cheapest thing to do really. Plus the fact you can use as many buses as you want for the 40 quid.

Don't forget yer photo is taken inside there, there's no need to go out spending a tenner on passport photos though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Note to self: Stay away from Bus Eireann this week. :P

• Advertisement

Oh, you're just lucky you have a car :D

LOl I might actually make it in there tommorow. I assume its Bus Eireann on the quey I have to go to ?

It is indeed.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thats some hole of a building, if I may say so :P

It is indeed. :rolleyes:

Oi. christophicus, twasn't too bad a picture was it? :D

I was going to pretend I didn't have a clue who you were...

Hehe, O yeah I am so ****ing sexy in the pic :D :P.

Yeah i was wondering if you were going to say something .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm ~25mins walk away from the college, but the nearest bus stop to me is on Railway Sq. Would it be worth my while getting the bus pass now, or wait until the Winter months where I'd get more use out of it?

Bloody students! Walk it!

All very well asking me to walk it until it starts pouring out of the heavens! And then I'll be the one saying "Bloody Buses! Never on time!".

And I'll be back in college at that stage :D

(walking from Drumcondra to Thomas St, fyi :p )

But in answering yer question, wait until you need the ticket.

• Advertisement

Fajitas! wrote:
    But in answering yer question, wait until you need the ticket.

Just make sure you get it at the start of the month, as they refuse it if its a bit into the month.

Railway Square aint that far from your place anyway Murderer, just down the road, into the left, around the side of the cinema and your at the stop. Then hop on an awl bus to bring ya over to the college.

Sully wrote:
    Just make sure you get it at the start of the month, as they refuse it if its a bit into the month.

Railway Square aint that far from your place anyway Murderer, just down the road, into the left, around the side of the cinema and your at the stop. Then hop on an awl bus to bring ya over to the college.
    That bus stop isn't alien to me :).

Would I also be able to get the connecting shuttles that go from Manor Village or the College Street campus?

Yep, all the city buses.

They don't really refuse, but it's a waste of your money, so we try tell people to come back in a few days.

Last day in that hole though. :D

Christophicus, I felt so ignored today :p

What??? I dont get ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

Sully wrote:

yea why dont u just move? i lived in railway sq last year - really nice place to live for schhtudents:)
    plus rite beside that bus stop

yea why dont u just move? i lived in railway sq last year - really nice place to live for schhtudents:)
    plus rite beside that bus stop

Its his permanent residence, ie his "home". I cant see the point in paying money to move down the road for a few months just to be beside a bus stop ;)

What??? I dont get ya.

Was on that bus Thursday morning :)

LoL cool, Sorry I didnt see you at all. It would seem that since I have started collage my vision has gone from poor to dire. I have walked by one of my best friends 3 times in one day, brushing shoulders with him, and I did not even see him. The only way i knew he was there is cause he gave me a dig in the shoulder once I didnt acknowloege him.

i didn't realise you are going to WIT. I'm guessing your not on the main campus?

• Advertisement

Lol, no I'm not, far from it tbh.

No worries - I was on my way into work for my last day.

Am in college in Dublin.

Advertisement