Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daily Annoyances

• 05-09-2007 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I've been brooding recently on just how much I despise the 9-5, commuting and pretty much everything. Here though are my top 5 "daily annoyances".

1. Low quality food that costs more than its weight in gold being sold by rip off artist scum chain stores like londis and spar in office areas where they have a monopoly.
    2. Know-it-all wanna-be economist types who point out(smugly) "well they charge that because people are willing to pay it, if you dont like it shop somewhere else". Burn in hell.
    3. People who talk loudly or play music on the bus. Your heading straight for the lake of fire you bastards.
    4. Rich people who are only rich because their parents were. I see this daily and I want THEM to know what its like to get threatening letters from the esb.
    5. Dublin bus/Luas inspectors. I'm reading a book, if you disturb me once more I WILL kill you with it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 tjtmod

Yore ma!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

The gimp strikes again, I'll add you to my list....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

1. People who use all of the milk on their corn flakes in the morning meaning nobody can have hot beverages until someone buys more at lunch time.

2. People who seem to steal toilet rolls from the office bog.

3. People who never EVER stop moaning about how busy they are. (stop bitching so much and you'll have twice as much time to catch up!!!!)

4. Falling face first into a steel mesh fence as you trip getting out of your car. (this one only happened once thankfully)

5. Lieing in bed and hearing your neighbours farting first thing in the morning because your en suite bathroom windows face each other, and you both left them open during the night.

Other than that, life is spiffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

God i know how you feel.Im going to add some of my annoyances here too if you dont mind.

1.Like you i hate people talking loud on the bus especially on the phone more often than not its a woman. There should be a rule about no talking on mobiles while on the bus.
    2.Every tom dick and harry going around with an ipod stuck in their ears, why doesnt everybody leave them at home for a day and talk to people instead.
    3.The smell of Dublin
    4>The price of smoothies, i mean 4euro for a few pieces of fruit that are worth less than a euro.
    5.And finally the worst thing is when you go to wipe your ass and get crap on the top of your fingers.Doesnt happen very often but when it does oh god its disgusting

Archeron wrote:
    comewatmay wrote:
    5.And finally the worst thing is when you go to wipe your ass and get crap on the top of your fingers.Doesnt happen very often but when it does oh god its disgusting
    Do I sense a connection?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Archeron wrote:

Hey I had to do that while travelling!!!

Hellm0 wrote:
    Do I sense a connection?

No connection.Ya know when you roll the toilet roll around your hand and a bit of the top of your finger might still be exposed and them bam you got your self some brown fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

comewatmay wrote:
    No connection.Ya know when you roll the toilet roll around your hand and a bit of the top of your finger might still be exposed and them bam you got your self some brown fingers
    Or your finger goes through some cheap toilet paper, and straight up your ring.

I personally am quite generous with my bog roll, I leave alot of room for error before something like that could happen. But still I can see how that would be annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hellm0 wrote:
    5. Dublin bus/Luas inspectors. I'm reading a book, if you disturb me once more I WILL kill you with it.

In fairness they are only doing their job. You reading a book is not an automatic indicator that you have paid your fare.

Now then, my top 5 would be

1) People who pile into an elevator the second the door opens before actually letting anyone out. Retards.

2) Drivers who insist upon going AS FAST as possible only to have to stop 10 feet later. It's make crossing the road difficult and dangerous.

3) People who use business speak..... "going forward" , "touch base"....that kind of ****. You'll go to hell when you die.

4) People who read the paper on the Luas with the paper wide open. Fold that fcuker and tuck your elbows mate. Your really just being a cnut.

5) People who, at each and every stop, fail to hold on to a handrail when the Luas takes off and end up taking that step and half backwards that means they are now on my foot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭babyguinnessfan

People who press pedestrian lights and then (then!) take a look at the traffic and proceed to cross the road, leaving drivers to stop for the green man while no-one is crossing the road anymore.

Or drivers who stop about a car's length away from the car in front of them in traffic and then start to slowly inch forward while the traffic is still stopped, forcing you to do the same in case you are then thought of as the gimp who is leaving a massive gap. Just pull up to the car in front of you and THEN stop!

Dragan wrote:
    In fairness they are only doing their job. You reading a book is not an automatic indicator that you have paid your fare.
    That doesnt mean I cant hate them, just that I shouldnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

1. Skangers playing thier Hamster music load on the bus.

2. Drivers who don't no how to indicate properly at round-abouts.

3. People who walk very slow or stop in the middle of Grafton/Henry/O'Connoll street. We need fast and slow lanes on these streets!

4. Not having change for the bus and having to give the bast@rds €2 instead of €1.40

5. Automated phone lines. my god i hate them. so hard to deal with and 9 times outta 10 ya end up having to talk to a person anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

People who press pedestrian lights and then (then!) take a look at the traffic and proceed to cross the road, leaving drivers to stop for the green man while no-one is crossing the road anymore.

Oh boy do I hate that too :mad: Grrrrrrr

Take note pedestrians or face the consequences!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hellm0 wrote:
    That doesnt mean I cant hate them, just that I shouldnt.

lmao very true! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Hmm...

1) People on the street who randomly stop walking without any warning leaving you to avoid bumping into them, and then glaring at you if you do! wtf?!

2)People who say "I don't mean to be mean" or "I'm not being a bitch" and then proceed to do EXACTLY that! You will rot in hell :mad: (Sorry! that just really ticks me off!)

3)How unpredictable the weather is.. and how I'm always stuck without a feckin umbrella when I need one

4)People sneezing/breathing manky coffee breath down your neck on the bus :mad:

5) Ringtone playing on buses is also very annoying..the few times I've been caught without my earphones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

*Rolls up slieves*

1 Fcuking car/bus/truck drivers who stop on the pedestrian crossing, I have to step into oncoming traffic to get around you you thoughtless I'm in a hurry and that extra six feet will make all the difference ba$tards :mad:

2 Idiots who stop in doorways to talk to people, move another two feet in or out and we'll all be happier you fcuking tard :mad: :mad:

3 Umbrellas on wet days ! Get a hat or get wet those things are dangerous :mad: :mad: :mad:

4 Random stoppers on the street ! You know who you are next time you do it to me I will roll over you like a kiwi full back, you have been warned :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5 Harvey norman voice fcuker ! I have called ahead and reserved a special place in hell for you :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Right...

1) Slow walkers along Grafton st and O'Connell street! My God speed up people, you find yourself walking along in a rush or whatever and suddenly the person in front just "stops" and bang! Ugh, whoever suggested two lanes on streets above is spot on!

2) People on the bus in the morning who "close" the windows! Whats that all about...it's bleedin stuffy ya need to wake up!

3) Watching your bus slowly drive away.....:(

4) Spending €4 on a zumo smoothie (as someone already said) and its only filled three quarters of the way up! :mad:

5) Walking along a footpath against a huge row of traffic and everyone is just staring at you while walking along making you feel very uncomfortable! Yea traffic is **** people and very boring but seriously, look straight ahead or fiddle with the radio!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Dragan wrote:

1) People who pile into an elevator the second the door opens before actually letting anyone out. Retards

4) People who read the paper on the Luas with the paper wide open. Fold that fcuker and tuck your elbows mate. Your really just being a cnut.

5) People who, at each and every stop, fail to hold on to a handrail when the Luas takes off and end up taking that step and half backwards that means they are now on my foot.

Read my mind Dragan, only I'd replace elevator with Luas on the first point - You can't get on till I get off w@ankers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

1) When your sitting in the kitchen in work enjoying a quiet lunch while reading your book and people come in and keep talking to and asking you stupid arbitrary questions like 'Any plans for the weekend?'. This annoys me even further if they ask that on a Tuesday. I'm reading, leave me alone!!

2) People who call you (i'm a PA) and when I answer the phone the first thing they say is 'Who am I speaking to?'. It's just plain rude! I often hang up.

3) Photocoping, faxing, answering the phone...my job pretty much!!

• Advertisement

Beetlebum wrote:
    1) When your sitting in the kitchen in work enjoying a quiet lunch while reading your book and people come in and keep talking to and asking you stupid arbitrary questions like 'Any plans for the weekend?'. This annoys me even further if they ask that on a Tuesday. I'm reading, leave me alone!!

2) People who call you (i'm a PA) and when I answer the phone the first thing they say is 'Who am I speaking to?'. It's just plain rude! I often hang up.

3) Photocoping, faxing, answering the phone...my job pretty much!!

People like you beetlebum who don't lay out 5 points but only settle with 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,926 ✭✭✭✭L1011

1: People who buy overpriced smoothies - just eat real fecking fruit dammit!
    2: Small Luas's on the red line. How can it take so long to put more bendy bits in?
    3: Tourists randomly stopping in flows of fast moving people on O'Connell Street

MYOB wrote:
    1: People who buy overpriced smoothies - just eat real fecking fruit dammit!
    2: Small Luas's on the red line. How can it take so long to put more bendy bits in?
    3: Tourists randomly stopping in flows of fast moving people on O'Connell Street

You trying to p*ss me off? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Here's mine:

1) People walking slowly in the street and then stop for no reason right in front of you. Ignorant fcukers!

2) Single mothers/mothers who think a buggy is a battering ram. Fcuk you ya slag! Have some respect for your child and others around you.

3) Skangers playing beaty music loudly on buses, in shops anywhere a considerate decent member of society wouldn't!

4) Come to think of it, skangers in general.

5) Motorists who think indicators are just an optional extra when driving. Bastards!

The yin to my yang...my daily pleasures

1) Motorists in a really long line of oncoming traffic that flash their lights at you to let you turn. Thank you!

2) The one person in a call centre that actually gives a fcuk and tries to help you solve your problem instead of just transferring you to the 'relevant' department.

3) The shop assistant who tells you that the thing you are about to buy is on sale in the shop down the road at a cheaper price :D

4) The bus driver who at the bus stop, sees you in his mirror and waits for you to get to the stop instead of just pulling into the traffic and laughing.

5) The boss who says "Let's cut the business speech crap and talk normally"*

*Who am I kidding, that one never happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

1: Certain Dublin taxi drivers that cut straight in front of you from the bus lane and then if you ever need to change lane they never let you :(

2: bouncers telling me I've had 'too much to drink' and I can't come in when I've only had 2 pints and they are just being assholes cos i'm not wearing the standard ben sherman shirt

3: When I do the lotto and the chap in spar automatically gives me lotto plus when i didn't ask for it

4: people on the nitelink who constantly start fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Dragan wrote:
    3) People who use business speak..... "going forward" , "touch base"....that kind of ****. You'll go to hell when you die.
    Use the txt spk approach.
    'Touch base? Sorry, I don't know what that means.'
    Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe I'll get a car and add to the ever increasing traffic problem.
    Or drivers who stop about a car's length away from the car in front of them in traffic and then start to slowly inch forward while the traffic is still stopped, forcing you to do the same in case you are then thought of as the gimp who is leaving a massive gap. Just pull up to the car in front of you and THEN stop!
    See, this is something I could never understand when I did drive.
    Just don't move. If the person behind beeps, give them the finger. It's not like you're going to get very far if the traffic is slow moving and you're also just wasting petrol.

Evil_Clown wrote:
    4: people on the nitelink who constantly start fights

What?! Watching drunk skummers knock the sh*t out of each other is the only pleasure I get on the nitelink!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭monkey tennis

bronte wrote:
    1) People on the street who randomly stop walking without any warning leaving you to avoid bumping into them, and then glaring at you if you do! wtf?!

This reminds me of a pet hate of mine:

People on the street who walk 2 inches behind you, so that if you stop or slow down, they walk into you! WTF?! Personal space.
    Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Spending €4 on a zumo smoothie

Darwinism in action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Shop assistants not handing you your change instead leaving it on the counter for you to pick up

• Advertisement

Here's one that really grinds my gears!!

You pull over in a garage with a friend or whoever and the friend gets out to put the petrol in the car while you go in and pay...you hand the asshole behind the counter the €20 note and they refuse to take it until the petrol has been fully put in!!! Aaaargh...then they take it..... :mad:

gustavo wrote:
    Shop assistants not handing you your change instead leaving it on the counter for you to pick up
    Or other tards putting the note receipt in your hand first, then the change. It fúcking falls that way you fúcking moron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

1. Fcukers who stand in the middle of escalators...so you can't get by!
    2. Foreigners who don't know where they're going on the bus...so just stand in the middle of gangway and get in everyone's way
    3. Disgusting Deli fcukers who sneeze, cough, or bring up a 'gullier' when they're making your roll
    4. People breathing their bad breath on you on the bus - breath from your nose FFS!
    5. Tards in General

Smoothies may be expensive but they're lovely to have once in a while :(

macroman wrote:
    1. Fcukers who stand in the middle of escalators...so you can get by!

I hate peole who stand in the middle of escalators so you can't get by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

This reminds me of a pet hate of mine:

People on the street who walk 2 inches behind you, so that if you stop or slow down, they walk into you! WTF?! Personal space.

Yeah that's annoying too....as if the street isn't big enough for a decent amount of space between each person...it's kind of like when you're the only passenger on the bus, and somebody chooses to sit right next to you

• Advertisement

1.the price of a pint in dublin
    2.Polish people who think they own the country,i.e. those working in a shop and are offended if you ask them for help.
    3.the ignorance of bus drivers
    4.women who try their hardest to put on accents, oh you know who you are.
    5.Mark Vaughans ugly head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

1. The people who stop in front of you are bad enough but they are nothing compared to the people that back out onto the footpath whilst talking to someone, straight into everyone walking. Then giving the crowd the stink eye.

2. People on Irish messageboards that have spoilers about shows that havent aired here yet in their signatures. Even worse people making some reference to spoilers in a completely unrelated thread. Thanks ar$ehole, not everyone downloads Heroes etc.

3. People that take 15 years at the ATM. Every time this happens I assume something is wrong with the machine, or they are only dispensing 50s. But no, its the idiot operating it that has caused the hold up.

4. Opening any thread in AH to be greeted with an entire page of 12 year olds posting "Yore Ma!" I bet each and every one of those tools think that they are hilarious. You're not, you are the person that everyone in your office hates.

5. Spiders.

Hrududu wrote:
    3. People that take 15 years at the ATM. Every time this happens I assume something is wrong with the machine, or they are only dispensing 50s. But no, its the idiot operating it that has caused the hold up.
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hate these people.

bronte wrote:
    Yeah that's annoying too....as if the street isn't big enough for a decent amount of space between each person...it's kind of like when you're the only passenger on the bus, and somebody chooses to sit right next to you

omg i absolutly hate that, loads of empty seats and some ****er sits right next to you, annoying or what.

comewatmay wrote:
    omg i absolutly hate that, loads of empty seats and some ****er sits right next to you, annoying or what.
    I usually start rubbing my leg, then there's, until they move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

1. Work

That is all.

On the theme of ATMs what about the ones that say "temporaily out of service" always ****ing happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

1) Motorists who drive in cycle lanes as they are crap drivers and cant keep between two lines in their own lane.

2) drivers that jut out of entrances straight across cycle lanes just to get an easier view, A CYCLE LANE IS STILL A LANE WITH TRAFFIC and more likely to cause an accident!!!!!!

3) Drivers that swing onto cycle lanes when the car in front of them are turning right even though they have two car lanes they still do a big swoop and usually enter the cycling lane not caring about cyclists

Im a car driver too but i can manage not to do these things when driving so anyone else with a full license should be equally capable.

4)Rip off tea/coffee's pastries

5)Airlines getting away with crap service and delays every day

6)Dart being delayed or stopped because there is a bird after hitting the bridge at landsdowne road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Hrududu wrote:
    4. Opening any thread in AH to be greeted with an entire page of 12 year olds posting "Yore Ma!" I bet each and every one of those tools think that they are hilarious. You're not, you are the person that everyone in your office hates.

1. People who hire 12 year olds to work in an office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

cyclists who can't stay as far left as possible, forcing you to wait for an opportunity to overtake them like any normal car.

cyclists who have the balls to give out about anything if they dont wear a helmet & that neon sh1te at night.

people who drive slow in the fast lane on the motorway

old grannies who don't look where they're going before crossing the road. there so fcuking easy to kill.

tractors or jcbs or whatever taking the piss. pull in every few minutes please.

loud fat scangers in the back of buses. your mother would be proud you mess

if your on a bus, and when loads of seats become available the twat beside you doesnt move, forcing you to climb over into another seat.

public transport as a whole. never again

also, people who have no fcuking manners. if i put the money in your hand, hand my change back, dont slam it on the counter retard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Cheeky_gal wrote:

You pull over in a garage with a friend or whoever and the friend gets out to put the petrol in the car while you go in and pay...you hand the asshole behind the counter the €20 note and they refuse to take it until the petrol has been fully put in!!! Aaaargh...then they take it..... :mad:

You'd be surprised how many gobsh1tes there are out there that are incapable of operating a petrol pump properly (i.e. they end up putting a euro or two more worth of fuel in the car than they intended). Plus most POS systems won't let the cashier take for the fue/open the cash drawer until it has been dispensed and the nozzle placed back on the pump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Cheeky_gal wrote:

They usually have to wait for the pump to stop before they can bring it up on the cash register. So theres no difference between you holding the money and them save maybe 0.5 seconds.

People who ring a help desk looking for a password and don't have a pen and a piece of paper to write the thing down and then spend 2 minutes looking for them.

People who have a pole up there arse and expect you to know exactly what is wrong with their computer after 2 minutes of a conversation.

People who think that "tech support" means, I'm here to answer all your questions about the internet, computers, and life in general.

Slow Walkers, ok when its a single person or two people even. Not ok when its 4-7 people strung out across the footpath getting in everybody's way,

People who get onto a coach and decide that they want 2 seats to themselves so they put they're bag in the seat beside them and fall asleep / pretend to fall asleep.

Ishmael wrote:
    Slow Walkers, ok when its a single person or two people even. Not ok when its 4-7 people strung out across the footpath getting in everybody's way
    I just barge through them.

Young/old/Irish/Foreign it doesn't matter to me.

No 'excuse me' or anything like that.

If I'm smoking I also try to blow smoke in their face as I pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

DesF wrote:
    I just barge through them.

Young/old/Irish/Foreign it doesn't matter to me.

No 'excuse me' or anything like that.

If I'm smoking I also try to blow smoke in their face as I pass.

Heh heh, I'd love to do that, but unfortunately I'd probably bounce off them and land in a heap on the ground.

Oh yeah, People who can't accept that they're wrong even when you've shown them they're wrong, they start arguing technicalities that are pretty much irrelevant.

Ishmael wrote:
    Heh heh, I'd love to do that, but unfortunately I'd probably bounce off them and land in a heap on the ground.
    I have it down to an art form.

Walk really fast past them. Now, these people usually have some arm/elbow/bag/random object sticking out in such a fashion as it makes it easy to 'clip' it on your way past. If you get it right they will be busier checking said object than looking after you and maybe giving out. It is at the point when they look toward the object that I exit smoke from the side of my mouth, in the direction of their head.

By the time they actually look around for whoever did this, you are long gone.

I'll be giving demonstrations this evening on Grafton Street from about half five.

• Advertisement
Advertisement