Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daily Annoyances

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Mr.Plough wrote:
    cyclists who can't stay as far left as possible, forcing you to wait for an opportunity to overtake them like any normal car.

If a cyclist cycles within inches of the curb, and a muppet driver decides to 'squeeze' through the gap, thats a lot more likely to cause an accident! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Originally Posted by Mr.Plough
    cyclists who can't stay as far left as possible, forcing you to wait for an opportunity to overtake them like any normal car.

Are you saying that even if their is a cycle lane that there is people out there cycling on the road beside it? thats not true there is a reason they do.

People on bikes are entitled to use the full width of the cycle lane as long as they dont go onto the car lane, helps when a fool pokes his car straight onto the cycle lane trying to come out onto the road.

People in this country dont realise that the cycle lane gives priority to the bikes, thay dont have to pull into the kerb and endanger themselves so that the car behind them can race the ten metres to the back of the bus stopping.

Edit: not getting at you Mr Plough just saying its really annoying

I'll admit to cycling on the road in particular sections where there is a cycle lane. This is because

1- The cycle lane ends in a complete dead end. Much safer to be among traffic than to have to merge with it.
    2 - The cycle lane passes a row of houses with hidden driveways. Thanks, but I don't want to be flattened by a reversing car.
    3 - The cycle lane is covered with glass from a broken bus shelter. Would you like to skid along this if you fell?

Unless you've cycled in Dublin, you don't have a right to complain.

Edit: I take that back - you can complain about muppet cyclists who cycle about in the dark wearing black and who don't know the rules of the road. There are plenty of those about too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cyclicst who cycle on the footpath.

Cyclists who break pedestrian lights. I walk in front of them on purpose. Wánkers.

Or what about the taxi that races by you to turn left cutting you off completely :mad:

anyway this isnt the point of the thread,sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Cyclists who break pedestrian lights. I walk in front of them on purpose. Wánkers.
    I was just going to say something similar. I have no problem with cyclists on the road as long as they obey the rules of said road. But every single day I have to dodge the idiots that think its perfectly ok to cycle down George's Street on the footpath. In times like that I am sorely tempted to stick my umbrella in their spokes.

As for them skipping red lights I slow down on purpose so that they either have to stop or swerve. Sometimes I slow down, then speed up, then slow down again just to mess with them.

Hrududu wrote:
    As for them skipping red lights I slow down on purpose so that they either have to stop or swerve. Sometimes I slow down, then speed up, then slow down again just to mess with them.
    I like it.

With good reason usually, pedestrians think the bike path is just a huge walking area.

As for those breaking lights,walk in front of them your right

With good reason usually, pedestrians think the bike path is just a huge walking area.
    I don't.

Next time a cyclist is on my way on the path, I'm going to step in front of them. And kick the bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

That may be in your experience. I have never seen anybody walking on the bike path. I have seen hundreds of cyclists using the footpath.

maybe your right, but at the end of the day its cars and crap cycle lanes that force cyclists onto paths, not choice

Hrududu wrote:
    That may be in your experience. I have never seen anybody walking on the bike path. I have seen hundreds of cyclists using the footpath.

Every single day it happens to me!!!!!

you have never seen a load of people standing aimlessly on the foot/bike path just after a bus has pulled away?

Hrududu wrote:

I battle with them twice a day. It's like a game of dodge the person. The school kids are the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭oconnoao

1) People who live close to town filling up a bus, when the people that live miles out and can only get that bus are left stranded and waiting ages for the next.....:mad:

2)Indicating wrongly at roundabouts-did u never learn how to drive??!also people in the wrong lanes coming into roundabouts....IDIOTS

3)Paying over 4euro for a sandwich that isn't even made up freshly...grrr

4) Spanish students taking over buses, thank god summer is over

5)Cyclists who do not use the cycle lanes provided-if there's a lane for you, please use it!

Queue Skippers, usually older people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Here's one that really grinds my gears!!

You pull over in a garage with a friend or whoever and the friend gets out to put the petrol in the car while you go in and pay...you hand the asshole behind the counter the €20 note and they refuse to take it until the petrol has been fully put in!!! Aaaargh...then they take it..... :mad:

How is that annoying?

I'd call that normal - you wouldn't expect yo pay for pick and mix first and then filling your bag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

I think you're all missing the point here....

Ok i'll break it down...

Say "Emma" is putting €20 in the car...
    I go in...
    With a €20 note and say "€20 petrol please"...
    He refuses til it's finished...
    Meanwhile a queue develops, everyones getting pissed off with the wait...
    I only have a €20 note so if it's one or two cents out "**** it, i only have 20"

So; no point in waiting and pissing your costomers off..just take the money and keep an eye on the computer as i walk out the door to make sure its not going over 20! If it does, run after me i dont have time to wait! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Cheeky_gal wrote:

Ok i'll break it down...

I go in...
    I only have a €20 note so if it's one or two cents out "**** it, i only have 20"

So; no point in waiting and pissing your costomers off..just take the money and keep an eye on the computer as i walk out the door to make sure its not going over 20! If it does, run after me i dont have time to wait! :mad:

Jesus is your life such a rush that you don’t have the time to fill up your car. ffs, if somebody decided to fill up by more by the time the notice (they have other customers to serve), get out from behind there till after securing it, and run after you, you could be half way up the road. And no not everyone is getting pissed in the queue waiting outside most people know you have to queue at petrol stations and deal with normally. The people who are pissed are the ones in the queue behind you in the shop because you couldn't follow the normal procedure because you obviously live such a busy and important life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

il throw my 2 cents into this little argument.I think it is very annoying that they make you wait till its finished.

Can someone please tell me how you have to pre pay after 11 in some places yet during the day you have to pay after!!!!!!doesnt make sense to me really.

Also on a side note and ive always wondered this, at night when a petrol station is closed do the petrol pumps stop working?

comewatmay wrote:
    il throw my 2 cents into this little argument.I think it is very annoying that they make you wait till its finished.

Can someone please tell me how you have to pre pay after 11 in some places yet during the day you have to pay after!!!!!!doesnt make sense to me really.

Also on a side note and ive always wondered this, at night when a petrol station is closed do the petrol pumps stop working?

Thank you!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Thank you!!! ;)

Your welcome hun:) :)

Get a room FFS.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Cheeky_gal wrote:

Ok i'll break it down...

I go in...

But the attendant has time to waste chasing after you? And his customers have time to waste while he does this?
    Self-obsessed sh*te

Get a room FFS.

:D
    Just cause were right, yeah go us!!!!!!need o gang super dooper

big b wrote:
    But the attendant has time to waste chasing after you? And his customers have time to waste while he does this?
    Self-obsessed sh*te

I agree he is a totally obsessed ****e if hes gona run after me...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

comewatmay wrote:

obviously they're locked shut... or else people will steal petrol, and if there's a queue forming behind you why don't you just step aside while your friends finishes filling your tank, then when she is done give the man behind the till €20, or just wait the 2 minutes it takes your friend to fill the tank and then go in. What's the big deal?

watna wrote:
    obviously they're locked shut... or else people will steal petrol, and if there's a queue forming behind you why don't you just step aside while your friends finishes filling your tank, then when she is done give the man behind the till €20, or just wait the 2 minutes it takes your friend to fill the tank and then go in. What's the big deal?

not saying your wrong but i read in the paper once about this court case where a guy stole petrol from a closed station......weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

comewatmay wrote:
    not saying your wrong but i read in the paper once about this court case where a guy stole petrol from a closed station......weird

Interesting, maybe he got lucky (or unlucky as he was caught) and you can steal from certain ones. I tried to lift one one night when I'd had a few drinks on me and you just can't lift up the nozzle. It's locked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The pikey travellers always burning crap no matter what the weather.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

1. Moderators who lock threads just when they're getting interesting and you want to add your view.. NO thread should ever be locked.

2. Beggars/charity workers at traffic lights/atms/ticket machines. A ban on all charity collectors who collect in public i say.

3. Women in shops who stand in a queue and only when they're asked for money, proceed to open their handbag, purse then fiddle about for the correct change :mad:

4. People in airports who have roller bags thinking they're cool. Then blocking up lanes, running them into your feet, getting a trolley when they don't need one and only have 1 bag which is already on wheels.

5. Guards who switch off traffic lights and start to direct traffic which ends up causing even more congestion than with the lights on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

"Things that annoy me" threads on AH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

"your" when it should be "you're"
    Should/could/would OF ...like wtf?

These drive me mental on a daily basis :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

1. Spin 103.8 presenters - Bunch of airheaded girls and wannabe jocks who peddle waffle to the masses. Especially hate when a listener phones in and they ask them what they're doing at the weekend. Sometimes the person says nothing special or i'm staying in to watch a d.v.d and then the presenters make a load of noises and basically tell them what losers they are. Oh and the music they play is ****e.

2. Crowded Darts- Pinstriped tossers who lean against the pole so you can't hold onto it.

3. Metro news(?)papers - After months of reading that ****e the whole city is now a bunch of drooling half wits who can't spell properly and who are concerned about posh & becks.

4. Bebo- Steaming cauldron of mostly morons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

haha Terry did u go out of ur way to set up that yoke? Must say it made me laugh! :p

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    haha Terry did u go out of ur way to set up that yoke? Must say it made me laugh! :p
    Yes. It took all of five minutes.

Terry wrote:
    Yes. It took all of five minutes.

haha well u obviously haven't read my previous posts in this thread... apparently i have issues with patience so fair play! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

1. Driving - When you kindly let someone out in front of you and they don't even acknowledge you.

2. When you're on the train to work at the crack of dawn and you clearly have your headphones on which translates to "I don't want to swap life stories with you" but someone starts telling you theirs anyway

3. The people who work in Lush. F**K OFF and let me buy stuff in peace. Like, OMG, daarling, this product is just TOO amaaazing like!

4. When some fool rings you on the IT Helpdesk. You say, how can I help? They say, I got an error message. "What did the message say?" "Em, I don't know, something about it not working". Hang on there so til I check my crystal ball.

5. When your mobile phone stops ringing just as you get to it.

6. When you're in a restaurant and the person taking your order can't speak English. Why put people on the front line who can't speak your language?

7. Eircom 'support'. You'd need a degree in how to get through to someone alive.

8. When the train is delayed and they don't bother telling you why

9. Killinascully

10. People who park over two spaces, that really wrecks my head. How can they get out of their car and not notice???
    11. When you're on the bus to the station and you've to catch a train and some eejit gets on and takes all day to pay the driver in 5c coins

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    haha well u obviously haven't read my previous posts in this thread... apparently i have issues with patience so fair play! :p
    Believe me, I've read every post in every thread in AH.
    After a while they all just merge together though.

• Advertisement

jergam wrote:
    1. Driving - When you kindly let someone out in front of you and they don't even acknowledge you.

2. When you're on the train to work at the crack of dawn and you clearly have your headphones on which translates to "I don't want to swap life stories with you" but someone starts telling you theirs anyway

3. The people who work in Lush. F**K OFF and let me buy stuff in peace. Like, OMG, daarling, this product is just TOO amaaazing like!

4. When some fool rings you on the IT Helpdesk. You say, how can I help? They say, I got an error message. "What did the message say?" "Em, I don't know, something about it not working". Hang on there so til I check my crystal ball.

6. When you're in a restaurant and the person taking your order can't speak English. Why put people on the front line who can't speak your language?

7. Eircom 'support'. You'd need a degree in how to get through to someone alive.

8. When the train is delayed and they don't bother telling you why

9. Killinascully

10. People who park over two spaces, that really wrecks my head. How can they get out of their car and not notice???
    11. When you're on the bus to the station and you've to catch a train and some eejit gets on and takes all day to pay the driver in 5c coins
    can ich ihnen helfen?

Terry wrote:
    can ich ihnen helfen?
    Gesundheit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jergam wrote:
    ring 1901 and say "agent". the machine doesn't give you the option but it works ;)

ring 1901 and say "agent". the machine doesn't give you the option but it works ;)

Cool thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I agree with the Lush thing... Bejaysus I don't wanna buy 10 bath bombs!! grr!!

"your" when it should be "you're"
    Should/could/would OF ...like wtf?

These drive me mental on a daily basis :mad:
    Seconded, but add "here here" and "yay or nay" and "I was been ..." or "seen as how I ..."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

1. The egotistical monster the irish people have become since the advent of the celtic tiger.
    2. The government
    3. Related to 2. but all forms of public transport
    4. Drivers who think red lights and stop signs are optional inconveniences
    5. Stupid Z list celebrities who have no talent and are famous for shagging people and the the people who talk about Z list celebrities thus making tham famous.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

1. "Reality TV" stupid tripe peddled to the masses

2. People talking loudly on the bus

3. The cost of food and drink in the city

4. The smell from Moore Street

5. Those Goddamn Hippie F*ckers in the hi-viz bibs collecting for "Charities" trying to get you to give out your bank account details in a crowded street and pestering you for a "moment of your time". :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

jergam wrote:

People who don't answer their mobile phones, and I don't mean because you're in a meeting ! Here's a tip, it's called a mobile so you can fcuking carry it with you !

I'd say chuggers annoy me but I've just gotten ruder and ruder to them over the years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

People who use golf umbrellas in the middle of the city. An umbrella only needs to cover your body. Not you and the car beside you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement