Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Daily Annoyances

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

watna wrote:
    Interesting, maybe he got lucky (or unlucky as he was caught) and you can steal from certain ones. I tried to lift one one night when I'd had a few drinks on me and you just can't lift up the nozzle. It's locked in.

well what you do is...grab your lighter..stand really close to blah blah blah :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Photi wrote:
    "Things that annoy me" threads on AH.

so you feel 'cool' now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

1. Cars who stop <b>on</b> the pedestrian crossing at the lights.

2. The price of Smoothies, coffee, sambo's and me for payin it.

3. ****ers on the bus who have their Ipods so loud you can hear them five rows back. Earphones were invented for a reason.

4. People who call you up:
    "I got an error message"
    "What did it say?"
    "I dunno, I closed the window"

5. Tourists

6. Women who wait till their bags are packed before opening their purse. (Then proceed to use all their coppers to pay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

1. Herd behaviour. People who can't seem to think for themselves.

2. Drivers who won't let people out of their estate or into their estate. Especially if it's into an estate. You can see the traffic jam build up behind them and it's going to slow you down a fraction of a second to let them in.

3. Flyers through my door for the same 5hit every day. Gym membership, Chinese food, cheap groceries. If any human doesn't know how to locate these things themselves then they should be shot.

4. Slowness. In anything. Driving, walking, swimming. I mean I'm a slow swimmer, but I stay in the slow lane or if someones behind me I'll let them pass.

5. People who block the yellow box driving and then just look at you like they had no choice but to drive like a gimp. Don't block the box you 5hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

People who use the toliet on a train as an extra seat - its not a seat its a very important facility. Get out and stand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

People who use the toliet on a train as an extra seat - its not a seat its a very important facility. Get out and stand!!

People do this honestly? uuughhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Getting groceries in the local convenience shop....you ask for a plastic bag..they throw it at you.....remember the days when shop assistants used to actually bag your shopping!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

THe fact that the system in work keeps kicken me out of boards..... i think thats what it is anyway... grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 TinaSparkle

People do this honestly? uuughhhh

No uuughhh is what happens if you urgently need the toliet and dont make it to another carriage!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

everything everyone has said here

and the bas.tards who cut down the outside land cut across the yellow box which means you have to stop and in the yellow box and then you get a fecking €60.00 fine and points. if that police man hadnt been there i would hunted that fecker down and ripped his head off and if its anyone here, i remember you reg plate, i will find you, you bol.lox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

irishbird wrote:

and the bas.tards who cut down the outside land cut across the yellow box which means you have to stop and in the yellow box and then you get a fecking €60.00 fine and points. if that police man hadnt been there i would hunted that fecker down and ripped his head off and if its anyone here, i remember you reg plate, i will find you, you bol.lox

May the owner rest in peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

irishbird wrote:

You are having a bad day aren't you !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

You are having a bad day aren't you !

that actually happened a few weeks ago and its part of the reason why my bank fund is so low, i will one day get out of my car with my wheel lock and batter some to death on pearse street/gardiner street so beware all of you :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

mathie wrote:

5. People who block the yellow box driving and then just look at you like they had no choice but to drive like a gimp. Don't block the box you 5hit!

this is annoying but i also hate the way, during opertaion go slow, how gardai just stood at junctions half asleep while people did this and broke just about every other rule of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

oh wow, where to start.

1. People who stop suddenly in the middle of a busy street. Its not good. Its especially annoying when I'm carrying a bass guitar case that weighs about 14kg and is almost 2 ft. long. Any sharp turns and this thing is going flying! :eek: If you stop, I hit you. Simple as... :mad:

2. People who stand in the door of the train at the station during rush hour when they're not getting on the train. FFS, just standing right in the doorway and dont have any regard for anyone else.

3. Why the hell do Irish people react badly when I say "Excuse me". For f*ck sake, I'm not going to say sorry to you. It doesn't make sense and I'm not sorry you stupid cnut!!!!! :mad:

I probably have more, but I cant think of them right now... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Oh yeah, I hate chuggers too. They've come to hate me also. :D

If I see one and they try to get my attention, I make a gesture like I'm going to beat the carp out of them and they kindly turn away. hahaha :)

I'm an evil baxtard! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Rude people in general. About the 'placing your change on the counter instead of putting it into your hand' thing that is pretty irritating. I always used to think that I wouldn't be polite or patient enough to work in a shop but when I actually think about it I am sure I wouldn't be rude and ignorant like a lot of people who get jobs at tills.

One comment above was ridiculous, that nobody should listen to mp3 players. If you're not blaring the music into everyone elses's ears then what's the problem? It was suggested that everyone should leave their iPods at home and talk to people. Imagine how many more people would be annoyed if everybody stopped listening to music and started striking up conversations with strangers

1. Those chuggers harassing you on the street. A lot of irritating Australian backpackers trying to make money to get pissed and pay for their stay in hostels

2. Women talking out loud about what type of flower they are going to hang in their conservatory or how many points they have left in their weight watchers programme

3. The general public's taste in music and books

4. In workplaces the way the guy who owns the radio gets to leave on rubbish all day. Just the same songs over and over again. And then again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

1. Tailgating, its dumb and if a crash occurs you lose

2. Messy flatmates, put the stuff away after you use it, and no mammys boy the bathroom isn't self cleaning

3. When other pedestrians bump into you apparently on purpose, for experimental reasons I have walked Grafton St without giving way to other people and the amount of people who don't move out of your way is astonishing, it's as though they just expect everyone else to avoid them, which is what I end up doing:confused:

4. Lack of sex with hot girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

My daily annoyances are;

1. OAP pass holders - These are among the most ignorant people on the planet, they are under the impression that they are entitled to push past everyone else to get onto the bus, a lot of them have obviously not heard about the 2 lane system for buses so they end up blocking the cash lane and slowing down boarding for other people.

2. Scumbags who smoke on buses - Sometimes I end up getting the 13A into work and there is a visible cloud around the bus, it's about time some of these "people" were fined "upto" €3,000, at least the driver knows better than to make people go upstairs

3. IT support staff - Full of their own self-importance and total inability that they work for a "support" department which should be less important than any other department

4. Shop assistants in certain shops who think that they are better than you

5. The fact that it is almost impossible to find a sandwich without mayonise on it

6. The fact that the Coke is always the first thing to run out in the vending machine and that you are left with a choice between Diet Coke (the normal can is bad enough, but being seen with any of the new designer cans is very embarrising) and Fanta.

7. The smell on the bus, most of the buses from Harristown seem to have a very bad smell on them

8. Out of service buses passing by when you've been waiting ages for a bus

9. People leaving the windows on buses closed even though it's the middle of summer and people are visibly sweating

10. The smell on Abbey Street and O'Connell Street since they redid the sewers for the LUAS

11. The smell on Grafton Street, it is especially bad outside Burger King at the end, how long can it take for the council to fix it

12. The attitude of people to large fast food chains and mobile phone shops especially around Grafton Street. These chains are safer tenants than some expensive boutique as their custom is almost guaranteed and this wil allow them to pay their rent and rates etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinker

1. Having to masturbate

2. 2fm,98fm,fm104, and any similiar f****ng radio station that plays the same f*****g s***e every day, and has the same F*****G dicks peddling out their bland braindead crap, funnily enough I can tolerate spin103.8 because its so far wrong- it's right, if you know what I mean. But these dicks like Dick O' Shea or Ray Darcy make me ill, and don't get me started on the man who invented sitting on the fence- Mr. Ian 'Penishead' Dempsey. More recently they have started cursing on daytime radio, using words like piss, ****e, and talking about blow jobs, during the day! like have they no sense of responsibilty? I'm cursing here but this is AH, your supposed to curse here, my family arent here listening to it, RANT over...phew, I feel a bit better now, god they're some bunch of w*****s

3. The apparent ignorance regarding the issue of climate change, and the extreme waste of energy I see everywhere, from lights left on to dicks in 5ltr cars,... like hello knob-nose??

4. A please or thank you wouldnt kill a few punks would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

I'll tell you what else really grinds my gears.

That bo//ocks Dara OBriain on the radio ads for 'your local pub'.

Like this country doesn't have enough problems with alcoholism than to have that fat fu<ktard ramming it down our throats.

Still at least it's Friday.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

Cheeky_gal wrote:
    Walking along a footpath against a huge row of traffic and everyone is just staring at you while walking along making you feel very uncomfortable! Yea traffic is **** people and very boring but seriously, look straight ahead or fiddle with the radio!

ugh that's the most annoying thing ever! then you have to either keep your head down or just pretend to count your change :mad:

Advertisement