Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza Clutch

Options
  • 05-09-2007 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a '97 Ibiza with 80k+ on the clock I'm trying to sell. I had a guy looking at it the other night who was intrigued about the clutch, and the height of its bite. He seemed quite keen however, and almost committed to the sale.

However, the next day I got a text from him saying that a mechanic friend of his pointed out that the clutch behaviour meant it was going to wear out soon, and so he was pulling out of the sale. Disappointing.

What I was wondering though is, is that true? Does a high clutch bite mean it's about to go? It's a fairly smooth "grip gradient" (terminology check) on it, no sudden jumps which would lead me to believe there was a problem....

Any ideas?

Advertisement