Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCC tonight..whats on?

• 05-09-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Anyone know? Is it a €200 FO €5k gtd?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Flushdraw wrote:
    Anyone know? Is it a €200 FO €5k gtd?
    Whats DCC??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Drogheda Card Club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah thats the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i think its their 250 irish ranking event tonight, the last time it got 3 tables and then some nice cash action after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

its 5k guaranteed, but once every month they have a 250 buy in, which is tonight. its an official irish ranking event, with a 10k starting stack as opposed to the normal 7/8k stack they normally have. all levels included.

note:i do not work there, am just supplying some info - hence not replying in charter form.

you heading to it tony? jay could add a few more points to his irish standings !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

€250+€20 5k Gtd

Thanks Mike/Donal.

Yeah i'm gonna head up with Fergus and see does a change of scenery do me any favours! I need to try and catch Jay haha! he's not going though.

What time is kickoff??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

what time does this start at? i might go for a trip.

Just gave Paddy a bell....9ish should be good.

If you're running late give me a shout and i'll tell you numbers etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

cheers tony

• Advertisement

Starts at 9pm usually. You will get in up to end of level two. No point coming though as I will be getting my second trophy in a row.

Shortstack wrote:
    Starts at 9pm usually. You will get in up to end of level two. No point coming though as I will be getting my second trophy in a row.

Didnt know there was a trophy..that changes everything!!

Are we talking a 3am finish based on 3-4 tables at a guess??

Flushdraw wrote:
    Didnt know there was a trophy..that changes everything!!

Are we talking a 3am finish based on 3-4 tables at a guess??

Ish. might be later, 10k starting with 30 min levels until final table then it drops to 20 min levels (this was done at the request of players). Never seen it get crapshooty yet.

Shortstack wrote:
    Ish. might be later, 10k starting with 30 min levels until final table then it drops to 20 min levels (this was done at the request of players). Never seen it get crapshooty yet.

Cheers Mike. See you up there later

cash games alot of fun aswell.

hopefully make it up, and if i do i think we'l all have to place a bounty on mikes head . . .

Make a bollox of this last night and finished 6th with 4 prizes up for grabs

Blinds are 400/800/75 and Eoin(co-owner) raises to 1700 from the CO. I call from the SB with 93(intending to make a play during the hand), BB also calls
    Flop is K45
    I check, BB checks and Eoin bets 1700, i call, BB also calls
    Turn is a 9, i lead for 5500, BB calls as does Eoin
    River is another 5 and i lead for 13500 leaving 3k behind. BB folds and Eoin takes an age to call with K9 and that was basically all she wrote! Should have just folded PF instead of trying to be clever

2 hands i was involved in last night that i wasnt too sure about.

1st hand we're playing 7 handed at both tables and its the usual loose game.
    Blinds are 100/200 and Northern Sean pushes UTG for 2300
    Donk calls UTG playing 13.5k, Paul Fish calls from the SB playing 10k and i have 66 in the BB playing 18k
    I think about pushing to isolate Sean but decide to call and see if i can pick up a side pot incase Sean has me beat.
    Flop comes down 943 with 2 hearts and Fish pushes for 7.7k
    Action back on me?

We're now 7 handed at the FT.
    Blinds are 200/400/50
    Folded to the button and chip leader who makes it 1200 (playing 50k)
    I raise to 3800 from the SB with 92c (playing 40k)
    BB goes allin for 10k. Doesnt necessarily mean he has a big hand.

Is this a pretty easy fold?

I finished up at 230am. Good luck to Shortstack who was down to the last 5

This was a ridiculously long structure with the average stack being 70BB when we got to the FT. Only 19 runners though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:

Blinds are 400/800/75 and Eoin(co-owner) raises to 1700 from the CO. I call from the SB with 93(intending to make a play during the hand), BB also calls
    Flop is K45
    River is another 5 and i lead for 13500 leaving 3k behind. BB folds and Eoin takes an age to call with K9 and that was basically all she wrote! Should have just folded PF instead of trying to be clever

2 hands i was involved in last night that i wasnt too sure about.

Donk calls UTG playing 13.5k, Paul Fish calls from the SB playing 10k and i have 66 in the BB playing 18k
    I think about pushing to isolate Sean but decide to call and see if i can pick up a side pot incase Sean has me beat.
    Action back on me?

Blinds are 200/400/50

I finished up at 230am. Good luck to Shortstack who was down to the last 5

This was a ridiculously long structure with the average stack being 70BB when we got to the FT. Only 19 runners though
    UL Tony, how did fergie do...?

In work so i can only pop into boards every now and again until they block it on me.

He went out 11th.

He lost a huge pot with A10 v A7 on a A107x board agaisnt Eoin, when out hit a flush on the river. Pot was over 40k with blinds at 100/200

He was left with 8k and should have trebled up in a hand with 55 but it panned out differently and he was gone shortly after.

He picked up over €500 in a cash game while he was waiting on me so it wasnt all bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    Flop is K45

Hi Tony. If I’ve read this right you have circa 30 BBs at the start of the hand. I know your game is different to mine and you like to make more blatant moves, etc – but this is spewing chips pure and simple. Why not make it 6500 pre – flop if you reckon Eoin is opening a wide range?

IMO you are not deep enough to be making complex multi – street steals. You will be OOP for the entire hand. You have 93. Tighten up?
    Flushdraw wrote:

Action back on me?

Fold. I would suggest that Sean has you beat a lot here (unless he lost a big pot the last hand). While it is easy to say “FISH HAS THE FLUSHDRAW LOLZ”, you know he would do this with any 9 aswell. He’s pretty bad – so he sometimes shows up with a head scratching 77 or 88. And the fish has yet to act.

It will irritate you the times Sean has AK and Fish has a draw or A4o; but in a protected pot I like a fold here.
    Flushdraw wrote:
    Blinds are 200/400/50

Tony, he has shoved 25 BBs. This is a maths problem. Assuming the button folded, it is up to you to call 6200 with 9150 already in the pot.

So pay 6200 to win 15350. 2.5 / 1.
    If his range is 88+ // KJs+ you probably should call (I’m never sure on this stuff but I think it would be ok). You can do a pokerstove (I’m in work) and play around with his ranges a bit.

3rd in the end. Stephen Murphy 2nd and Owen Mullen 1st. Finished around 4.30pm.

Final hand I have 45k and raise 7k on the button with KhQh, blinds 1200/2400 + 300, Owen moves all in covering and I instacall and he has A8 which holds up.

• Advertisement

wp mike

tony, i find playing that tournament, there is only 20 odd players, and we feel we should get involved and outplay the players a little too much, it knocked me out of the same tournament numerous times. use this information you are gathering (ie players being weak) and wait until your not on a complete bluff. do it with the goods, makes things alot easier and also when the blinds are larger and just pick off the weak raises. If only i could listen to my own advice!

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Hi Tony. If I’ve read this right you have circa 30 BBs at the start of the hand. I know your game is different to mine and you like to make more blatant moves, etc – but this is spewing chips pure and simple. Why not make it 6500 pre – flop if you reckon Eoin is opening a wide range?

IMO you are not deep enough to be making complex multi – street steals. You will be OOP for the entire hand. You have 93. Tighten up?

I dont normally go into indepth thinking behind a hand, but heres my long drawn out thought process during the hand.

Yeah i have just over 30BB at the beginning of the hand. You mentioned an important word in your reply and thats the word 'blatant'. Its exactly what i didnt want my move to look like.

It was the 3rd time Eoin had raised into my blinds since the 400/800 level because he had become chip leader and was throwing his weight around a bit. The 1st time i 3bet him PF and he folded. The 2nd time i called and led the flop and he folded.

I felt that if i popped it to 6500 or so, he may come back over the top to test me and i cant call. I called to make a move but was hoping the BB would fold. He called so i just re-evaluated the flop.

I didnt want to lead the flop here and be called because it would have looked like an onvious steal so i checked to see what Eoin would do. When he bet 1700 into a 5400 pot, i figured he has a peice of it because i would have expected him to bet bigger in he missed. i thought about it and flat called trying to act like i hit the flop aswel. BBs call here didnt really bother me at the time. He was the sort of player who would have pushed with top pair so i knew he had a weakish hand.

Turn brought the 9..irrelevant at the time because i was betting any card so i lead out 5500. When the BB called i figured him for 76 for similar and Eoins call confirmed in my head he had a king but i still thought i could make him fold it

River pairs the 5 which was a good bluffing card for me so i lead out 13500. BB instantly mucks and its back to Eoin. He makes me sweat for a while and then calls....He lets out a sigh of relief and says he thought i may have had pocket 44s

I know it was a complex multi street steal as you said and you're right about me being not quite deep enough for it (i would have liken to make my turn and river bets bigger) but i still felt i could push him off his hand while still accumulating chips

If i raise PF, he calls with K9
    If i lead the flop, he calls/raises
    If he doesnt hit his 9 on the turn, i think he folds to either the turn or river bet

I dont think i spewed chips, i think i was quite unlucky that he hit the top 2 pair because i think he would have folded a weaker hand.

And i was playing pretty tight actually! I've tightened up a lot in the last month but you really have to check this tournie out. blinds 25/50..some raises were to 900 and 1500 preflop! I picked up 5k in the 1st hand of the night when i raised with 55 and the flop came down 544 and got check raised on the turn to 4k!

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Fold. I would suggest that Sean has you beat a lot here (unless he lost a big pot the last hand). While it is easy to say “FISH HAS THE FLUSHDRAW LOLZ”, you know he would do this with any 9 aswell. He’s pretty bad – so he sometimes shows up with a head scratching 77 or 88. And the fish has yet to act.

It will irritate you the times Sean has AK and Fish has a draw or A4o; but in a protected pot I like a fold here. .

I didnt even put him on a FD, i just put him on a push no matter what the flop. I think he was as likely to do this with J10 as he would with 54. I think he would have jammed PF with 77 or 88. Fish is just....well fish!

Anyway i called and he had A7h
    LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Tony, he has shoved 25 BBs. This is a maths problem. Assuming the button folded, it is up to you to call 6200 with 9150 already in the pot.

So pay 6200 to win 15350. 2.5 / 1.
    If his range is 88+ // KJs+ you probably should call (I’m never sure on this stuff but I think it would be ok). You can do a pokerstove (I’m in work) and play around with his ranges a bit.

Still dont know about this one myself but you could probably use 22+ and J10+ as his range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Flushdraw wrote:
    Still dont know about this one myself but you could probably use 22+ and J10+ as his range

If that's his range Tony then it is a clear call.

I understand your thought process on hand 1 and, yes, you are unlucky that Eoin ended up with top two after the turn. But c'mon Tony, while you can justify what you were doing you are deliberately going down a VERY tough road from the outset. If the structure was so good, surely it is ok to just fold here?

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    If that's his range Tony then it is a clear call.

I understand your thought process on hand 1 and, yes, you are unlucky that Eoin ended up with top two after the turn. But c'mon Tony, while you can justify what you were doing you are deliberately going down a VERY tough road from the outset. If the structure was so good, surely it is ok to just fold here?

When you're card dead Lloyd you have to try stuff. It was tough to steal because player to my left didnt like folding and Mike doesnt give up his blinds to readily. I actually thought they were only paying top 2 places aswel when i played this hand. If i knew 4 were being paid, i might have let it go.

With the 2 big stacks to my right and 2 shorter stacks to my left i was caught in the crossfire a lot and despite being a great structure, stilll felt i had to make a stand. This tournie has been changed to a Thursday from next month so i might give it another go when i have no distractions in the back of my mind.

It was a mistake playing this tournament in the 1st place being up at 630 for work next morning. Possibly the main reason i was trying to rush things along

Advertisement